• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star DT Nash Hutmacher Is N (Top 247)

I haven't heard anything, but I assume that the natural compromise that he would make is to wrestle in the spring, but to start doing S&C (his dad is an amateur guru) to get to game weight for football as soon as the last time he has to check his weight for the SD high school season. If he does that, he'll be a muscular 315-325 by graduation day in mid-May, and if he goes directly to Lincoln, he'll be pushing 330 lb of Duval-approved body mass by the start of fall camp. He would naturally weigh about 305, right now, if he wasn't always working to make weight for wrestling, and that's a relatively lean 305. He's just a walking mass of bone structure waiting to sculpt on more muscle.

A friend of mine that works as a photographer was shooting the Iowa game and was visiting with Nash's dad (they were at the game) and apparently Nash was up around 340 for football and while he has lost some weight he needs another 20 or so pounds in a week to be able to wrestle at the beginning of the season. What is the Hvy wt max 285? or so until they allow you additional weight for the second semester?

I don't think he should have been playing at 340.....I thought i heard that he had only 2 sacks this year. Hopefully that was not an accurate statement and it was 2/game.

According to the media:

"In 2019 he recorded 21 solo tackles, assisted on 67 more, forced two turnovers, and added 18 tackles for loss and four sacks. He also recovered a pair of fumbles. Hutmacher graduates with 269 total tackles, 13 sacks, 63 tackles for loss, five forced turnovers and eight fumble recoveries."

Last edited:
A friend of mine that works as a photographer was shooting the Iowa game and was visiting with Nash's dad (they were at the game) and apparently Nash was up around 340 for football and while he has lost some weight he needs another 20 or so pounds in a week to be able to wrestle at the beginning of the season. What is the Hvy wt max 285? or so until they allow you additional weight for the second semester?

Maybe 340 with all his football equipment on. I seriously doubt he cut 55 pounds between the end of football season and start of wrestling.

Based on how he looks, he is somewhere north of 300 but south of 325,... and he's still carrying a lot of babyfat.

Don't worry too much about his sack stats. I know coaches who coached against him, and they literally assigned 3-4 interior linemen to block him and didn't run inside because a) they couldn't, and b) the rest of Hutmacher's team (Chamberlain) was bad enough that there was no point in NOT running away from him. NOBODY sat in the pocket and passed, hoping he wouldn't pressure them. My wife teaches at an opponent's high school, and a couple of their better players called in "sick" that week because they didn't want to be embarrassed by him. Even with all of that, he still did some super-human stuff where he tossed multiple linemen around and made plays. There literally wasn't a team he played this year that ran at him, and if they had tried that, they would have had to stop the game to clean up the jock and pants of the RB who was supposed to carry the ball.

According to the media:

"In 2019 he recorded 21 solo tackles, assisted on 67 more, forced two turnovers, and added 18 tackles for loss and four sacks. He also recovered a pair of fumbles. Hutmacher graduates with 269 total tackles, 13 sacks, 63 tackles for loss, five forced turnovers and eight fumble recoveries."

Either nearly all of his tackles were TFL or a weird way of counting stats. Also, forced 2 turnovers and recovered a pair of fumbles? Isn't that the same thing....LOL....Anyway, hope he pans out.

I'm not MABC, but i saw him play and i'm still skeptical. However, he certainly has some natural ability going for him which hopefully the coaches can use to make him a difference maker going forward.

Either nearly all of his tackles were TFL or a weird way of counting stats. Also, forced 2 turnovers and recovered a pair of fumbles? Isn't that the same thing....LOL....Anyway, hope he pans out.

I'm not MABC, but i saw him play and i'm still skeptical. However, he certainly has some natural ability going for him which hopefully the coaches can use to make him a difference maker going forward.
Hard to judge him based on his HS opponents, but three things cant be faked, his size, his strength, being one of the best, if not the best HS wrestlers in the country. Those things hint he could become a very good football player on the Power 5 level.

Nash is still the #1 ranked heavyweight. During the Iowa game I heard the announcer say that everyone of Iowa's starting O line used to be successful HS wrestlers which accounted for their sure footing, movement, and ability to keep the Defense away from their QB.
BhK6WtRCAAA2qF0.jpg

(love the guy, just wish he was more successful in football)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back