• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chris Peterson resigns

lincoln84

All Legend
10 Year Member
Apparently moving into admin role? I never got the love for this guy. He did well in making Boise St a competitor but Washington has kind of "peter-ed out".

Last edited:

Apparently moving into admin role? I never got the love for this guy. He did well in making Boise St a competitor but Washington has kind of "peter-ed out".

He led Washington to their first back to back 10 win seasons (16-17) since 1990 an ‘91. I’m not sure I’d agree with ‘Petered out’.

He still had some gas in the tank.

There’s gotta be something more to this than just Peterson is done coaching at age 55. Health, family....or for a spicy hot take - CP to USC! :Biggrin:

There’s gotta be something more to this than just Peterson is done coaching at age 55. Health, family....or for a spicy hot take - CP to USC! :Biggrin:

I’m his age and would love to step into something less stressful than what I do. I get it. Being ultra competitive is one thing, but you get tired sometimes.

I’m his age and would love to step into something less stressful than what I do. I get it. Being ultra competitive is one thing, but you get tired sometimes.

I get it, too. If he’s just tired of the grind, he accomplished plenty as a coach and I’m sure money isn’t much if a motivator anymore.

I have a feeling he’ll coach again though.

I get it, too. If he’s just tired of the grind, he accomplished plenty as a coach and I’m sure money isn’t much if a motivator anymore.

I have a feeling he’ll coach again though.

Could be. I don’t know a lot about him other than he wins a lot of football games. We’ve seen Urb step away for (Ahem) health reasons and Stoops do the same. Never though Stoops would stay away from the college game, but here we are three years later and he’s doing whatever he’s doing with the XFL. Who knows. Maybe he’s had enough.

Stoops has so much money he could burn half and still not spend it all. Peterson is a lot younger but good for him of he can cash out and have less stress.

Dollars to donuts, he’s back on the sidelines in 2021. I bet he was ready for a break and UW didn’t want to lose Jimmy Lake, who was reportedly in play for other jobs.

High stress jobs. Smart guys like TO know when to move away from the game. He's got enough money to do what he wants, as does UM, as does Bob Stoops.

I believe it used to be guys with the competitive drive and large egos needed to be a successful would coach until they dropped dead, a la Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, et. al. But the game has changed and more and more it just might not be worth it anymore.

And Saban just keeps going like the Energizer bunny......

Last edited:
Dollars to donuts, he’s back on the sidelines in 2021. I bet he was ready for a break and UW didn’t want to lose Jimmy Lake, who was reportedly in play for other jobs.

Article came across my phone this morning from the seattle times and it said in his speech that was the exact words he used 'Recharge', so I agree give him a year or two away and see where he ends up.

Last edited:

Maybe, I would definitely take him at his word when he says he needs to recharge. Living in Boise this was the big talk on the sports talk radio yesterday. He loves the coaching aspect of the game, but basically hates the grind of everything else. Many stated they could actually see him come back as an OC or a HC at a 1AA or group of 5 school. He basically left BSU because he was feeling stagnate. He was never going to take a job just because he thought it was going to give him the best chance of winning a NC. It has to be a good fit. He is Great Northwest/West coast guy. He is not taking the job at FSU or Mississippi. He is not going to take the USC job either. He already could have had the job. He was offered and turned down the job after Pete Carrol left.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back