• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is honesty not acceptable?

Perfect example:
Press: "Why did Martinez run out of bounds and stop the clock?"
What Frost should have said, whether true or not, "That's on me. I didn't communicate to him that we were no longer in attack mode but run-out-the-clock mode." If you're willing to fall on the sword for your players, they'll be more likely to run through a brick wall for you.
This was the quote:

"I understand what he was thinking. It's hard for a player to probably go straight from 'we're going to score and win this game' mode to getting a 15-yard penalty. I haven't seen (the penalty) yet, but that can't happen," Frost said.
The coach turned it back to himself.
"Maybe I could have used a timeout there to make sure the kids understood. The next play we just called a quarterback run. In my mind, it was either get a big chunk back and get us to third down or keep the clock running with them only having one timeout, keeping the ball inbounds."

That sounds pretty close to what you thought he should have said.

Last edited:
As a coach, you never say “I inherited a mess.” You never say “my system works, we just need better players.” You don’t respond to a poor performance by your QB with “he’s great, we just need to get better around him.”

This is leadership 101 stuff. You are depending on the guys you are essentially calling chopped liver to trust you and respond to your teaching....and ultimately win games for you. Those statements don’t build trust, confidence or a team-first attitude. They sow seeds of doubt and smack of favoritism and excuse making.

Winner winner chicken dinner! And while I wasn’t a Riley fan, i thought it was very insightful - and in incredibly poor taste - that HCSF repeatedly took veiled shots at he and his staff. Again, no upside.

I think HCSF needs to enroll in a few UNL undergraduate leadership classes.

Last edited:

Your question is answered by our run of three and outs once pinned back in our own end. You can’t just run the ball right at Iowa over and over unless your OL is dominant (which ours isn’t). There needs to be some variety and we need to be able to execute those varieties.

The fact our QB is as ineffective throwing lateral passes and screens as he is throwing downfield is a real head scratcher. He threw them well last year, too, so there’s that. 2019 was just one big season of let’s see what we can fail to do from every single area of the team at the most inopportune time to do it.
The elephant in the room is I don’t believe HCSF trusted AM to throw down field by 2nd half for sure

Dont disagree that we could run at them all day which begs the the game management question as to why he didn’t pull him.

AM clearly is not as good as runner as Luke and probably not as good of thrower as Luke or Vedral at this point

another game management mind blower is the last series when frost decided to run the ball but with AM in there. again why the hell isnt vedral in there?

we should not have lost this game and that’s squarely on HCSF

My mom told me she needed better family around her so I burnt the turkey on purpose.

I tried that with doing chores.

She and more importantly my dad didn’t fall for it.

Funny, he didn’t mention that I ‘Needed to get better’.

He also wasn’t worried about me entering the transfer portal. In fact, he might have suggested it if it was even a thing back then.

I tried that with doing chores.

She and more importantly my dad didn’t fall for it.

Funny, he didn’t mention that I ‘Needed to get better’.

He also wasn’t worried about me entering the transfer portal. In fact, he might have suggested it if it was even a thing back then.

My folks tried to transfer portal me twice, but I knew the home address and came back. Imagine how pumped Scotty would be if this team had that type of buy-in.

Maybe it is just too technical for us.
DCGQYLTGFNBAMDN.20070828183904.JPG

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back