• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Volleyball Tourney Bracket

If NU defeats Ball St., they will play the winner of the December 6th Northern Iowa/Missouri match on December 7th.

I'll focus on Nebraska bracket:

#2 Nebraska
#15 Ball State

#7 Northern Iowa
#10 Missouri

#3 Hawaii
#14 Northern Colorado

#6 San Diego
#11 Washington St

#4 Texas AM
#13 St Johns

#5 Oklahoma
#12 Rice

#8 UCLA
#9 Notre Dame

#1 Wisconsin
#16 Illinois State

Well that stinks. I was hoping we could avoid Wisconsin and Stanford in the elite 8.

Good news is that we played Wisconsin tough this last time. Maybe we have one trick up our sleeves yet to get us to the final 4.

Well that stinks. I was hoping we could avoid Wisconsin and Stanford in the elite 8.

Good news is that we played Wisconsin tough this last time. Maybe we have one trick up our sleeves yet to get us to the final 4.

Let's focus on Northern Iowa/Mizzou and likely Hawaii first. Hawaii has a lot of tradition and the talent to knock us out.

Also, having the top two seeds from the toughest conference in the same regional bracket is unfair to the B1G’s chances to get two or more teams into the final four.

Also, having the top two seeds from the toughest conference in the same regional bracket is unfair to the B1G’s chances to get two or more teams into the final four.

Frankly, I would rather take my chances with winning an Elite 8 in Madison than at Stanford, which is what #6 Pitt will need to do (if they get past Penn State). Pitt fans are saying that the bracket is unfairly biased toward the B1G because they only have 1 loss and were seeded 6th, which sends them on the road trip to Stanford instead of hosting a B1G team.

Plus, separating teams like you've suggested is never a factor in v'ball or in the basketball tourneys.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back