• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #4, (W, 93-86 OT), Fri, 11/22 vs SOUTHERN, @ PBA, 7:00pm CT, BTN+ (Pay) & Game Thread

As much of a smaller team this group is, there is no reason to shoot that poorly.

It was even worse live. Brick, brick, brick....so frustrating. I agree with you, there are some above average shooters on this team, no way should they be shooting that poorly from the stripe. I’d have to look at the stats to make sure, but our French big man was the best at the line tonight heading into OT.

Cam Mack is sooo fun to watch. He’s unguardable if we can space properly. Fast muscle twitch, quicker than Lue. Get him some shooters, Fred!

Our guards have a lot of potential. Mack/Green/Burke will be hard to stop next year if you get them some help. Green was big down the stretch.

Ouedraogo...came up big in OT. I’m not sure how good he can be yet. He’s only 17 but has a junior’s body. There’s still a lot of work to go but man, just a giant ball of clay at this point.

Cross has some skills offensively. Looks like a great steal late. Takes some shots I don’t agree with but you can tell he’s got the green light. He’s getting leaner.

Defense was baaaad tonight. They are so focused on pace and offense that they lose themselves defensively. If we are going to win games, we have to get out and run. But, the defensive intensity has to be there. Doc has his work cut out for him. It was all that Bradford kid and easy buckets inside. An eraser inside would fix a lot of the easy buckets. But we did not have an intensity on #13. We let him come off ball screens unchallenged and didn’t close on him with our hands extended. Green either had enough or got an ear full because with about 7 minutes left, Green was in his jock. Had that intensity been there the whole time, he probably scores 15 points instead of 30+. But yeah, piss poor defense tonight.

It was even worse live. Brick, brick, brick....so frustrating. I agree with you, there are some above average shooters on this team, no way should they be shooting that poorly from the stripe. I’d have to look at the stats to make sure, but our French big man was the best at the line tonight heading into OT.

Cam Mack is sooo fun to watch. He’s unguardable if we can space properly. Fast muscle twitch, quicker than Lue. Get him some shooters, Fred!

Our guards have a lot of potential. Mack/Green/Burke will be hard to stop next year if you get them some help. Green was big down the stretch.

Ouedraogo...came up big in OT. I’m not sure how good he can be yet. He’s only 17 but has a junior’s body. There’s still a lot of work to go but man, just a giant ball of clay at this point.

Cross has some skills offensively. Looks like a great steal late. Takes some shots I don’t agree with but you can tell he’s got the green light. He’s getting leaner.

Defense was baaaad tonight. They are so focused on pace and offense that they lose themselves defensively. If we are going to win games, we have to get out and run. But, the defensive intensity has to be there. Doc has his work cut out for him. It was all that Bradford kid and easy buckets inside. An eraser inside would fix a lot of the easy buckets. But we did not have an intensity on #13. We let him come off ball screens unchallenged and didn’t close on him with our hands extended. Green either had enough or got an ear full because with about 7 minutes left, Green was in his jock. Had that intensity been there the whole time, he probably scores 15 points instead of 30+. But yeah, piss poor defense tonight.
Thanks for the post as I didn't see any of the game. Parity in college basketball is such a bigger thing than it is in football, however, we should still be beating teams like Southern by 10+ and not having to do it in OT. A win is a win and I am happy that we got the W.

I'm glad you went -- and provided us with an analysis!

Yeah -- I think we may shoot 3's better than FT's. Frustrating. And eventually costly.

Fred does seem to use his bench plenty, which makes sense. Yet I think he's mostly set with his starting lineup, which I like.

Cam is my man. I'm certain the first Austinite I've had to root for with Husker hoops.

No more weak opponents for the next few weeks. I enjoyed the two-game win streak while it lasted. :)

I haven't been able to see any more than snippets of games thus far this season. My TV only gets regular, non-cable networks. I've been living like this for a couple years now. At some point, I'm going to need to breakdown and get some sort of package that allows me to watch hoops.

Congratulations on the WIN tonight HUSKERS!!! :Rockon:

Nice come from behind win in OT.

Next Game @ Cayman Islands Classic in Georgetown, Grand Cayman:

NU (2-2 ~ 0-0) vs WSU (2-2 ~ 0-0); Mon., 11-25 @ 6:30pm ~ No TV but Try here.

WSU lost to UNO 77-85; Thur. night 11-21

George Mason and Old Dominion are the other two teams in the classic.

Last edited:

I agree...as a D1 scholarship player ....how can you not be a 65%-70% free throw shooter at the very least?!?!?

Game Recap; links to Box Score, Post-Game Comments and all.

Huskers Work Overtime for Win

Go to the Link below for the Video. Sorry, I can't embed here (It's Huskers.com dontyaknow :Redface:)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back