• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Head Coach

I don't know how else to put it. We had a coach who won a lot but yelled at the media a lot and wore Ohio St gray sweatshirts. We had the worst HC in my lifetime who was nice to the media and had great press conferences, but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He had a DC who was a snazzy dresser and was always clean shaven, and was the worst Husker DC of my lifetime.
We need to figure out exactly what we want.

Hopefully, the answer is that we want to be patient and let SF recruit, develop, and coach us out of this mess.

I'm not sure what to do with this....but no, I don't care if Frost smokes.

Don't know how old you are, but coaches used to smoke on the sidelines in the late '70's and early '80's.
... and no one smokes now. Anywhere near the campus. I care if the head coach smokes or dips, or is a drunk. Again, all are legal. I would expect that Frost would care if his players chewed.

but I repeat - I’m most worried about his health.

Last edited:

... and no one smokes now. Anywhere near the campus. I care if the head coach smokes or dips, or is a drunk. Again, all are legal. I would expect that Frost would care if his players chewed.

This does bother me a little--if tobacco is banned [edit: on campus], he should honor the ban like everyone else is expected to.

Last edited:

You're worried about the wrong things.

I guarantee you kids on the roster dip. It's a thing. It won't be forever, maybe, but it isn't our business and doesn't impact their ability to play football.

I quit... because I was worried about my health. It's an individual thing.

Hell yeah. Drinking IPA right now. But I’m not a national coach of the year, paid to set an example and mentor young men.

Let me know when he does something wrong.
And you and I have the luxury of sitting behind a keyboard anonymously. If I had to stand up in front Dirk Chatelain every week, it would probably take a bourbon for me to not tell him what I really think.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back