• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know why you find it interesting. That was a critical do or die series and they put the game in Wyatt Mazour's hands. Game over. Additionally, they came up empty a bunch of times after driving....again. So yeah, they had 500 yards of offense and scored 21 points...everything gets a look.

Great between the 20's offense. Really rolled up the yards....that didn't matter in the end.

They close one of those drives when it was still a one score game and this is potentially a different outcome. That's not any one persons fault. Mills needs a blow on one drive and Mazour isn't up to the task. It happens. We also tend to run the same play out of the same formation a lot and better defenses figure that out. All that said, this team is not as far away from beating Wisconsin as some seem to think.

i dont know why you find it interesting. That was a critical do or die series and they put the game in Wyatt Mazour's hands. Game over. Additionally, they came up empty a bunch of times after driving....again. So yeah, they had 500 yards of offense and scored 21 points...everything gets a look.
We can go little guy (Mazour) with little P-T or big guy (Bradley) with little P-T. I'd personally want the hard running 230 pounded in there. The staff went little. It's been the same option to choose small guys all year. It didn't work then and it still ain't working.

We can go little guy (Mazour) with little P-T or big guy (Bradley) with little P-T. I'd personally want the hard running 230 pounded in there. The staff went little. It's been the same option to choose small guys all year. It didn't work then and it still ain't working.

Jaylin Bradley has had opportunities to show something and he hasnt.

Jaylin Bradley led the white in the spring game in both rushing and catches. Per ESPN Bradley has zero attempts on the current year. Bradley shows up nowhere on their season stats page for Nebraska. Sometimes people post stuff without any proof or logic. But thanks for the drive-by.

Last edited:
Bradley will never play meaningful minutes for NU baring seriously crazy circumstances. If Mills needed to come out there is a whole playbook they can turn to to avoid putting an important football game on the back of Mazour.

I'm sure that was his plan and had nothing to do with Mills being dinged up or needing a breather.

Good catch. Mills was limping noticeably several times during the game, and he made some solid runs late, and likely needed a breather as well. Mazour didn't have his best game, that's for certain, but I'd question not trying Johnson to give Mills a break more than just saying Mills needed to be in. That young man was tired and banged up.

Bradley will never play meaningful minutes for NU baring seriously crazy circumstances. If Mills needed to come out there is a whole playbook they can turn to to avoid putting an important football game on the back of Mazour.
I'm not going to disagree with the history supporting you, but what's in your opinion the basis?

If I remember the play correctly there was a missed block and the defender made a great tackle taking Wyatt’s legs out shortly after the catch, I’m not sure another player would have scored on it. I’m not advocating for taking Mills out for Wyatt, just not sure it would have made a difference on that play that was ran

Good catch. Mills was limping noticeably several times during the game, and he made some solid runs late, and likely needed a breather as well. Mazour didn't have his best game, that's for certain, but I'd question not trying Johnson to give Mills a break more than just saying Mills needed to be in. That young man was tired and banged up.
Johnson looks like a bruiser and seems to have a nose for hard running. He certainly was a better option than a scat back like Mazour in that part of the field.

Johnson looks like a bruiser and seems to have a nose for hard running. He certainly was a better option than a scat back like Mazour in that part of the field.
One rumor on Johnson is he's lacking upper body strength and that creates ball security issues. I'd also add that If we were going to run anything pass related while he was in there, the way Wiscy blitzes, we could all but guarantee AM would get smacked. Mazour, who is supposed to be pretty good at knowing the pickups, had a brutal time, and was the cause for several tackles behind the lines.

One rumor on Johnson is he's lacking upper body strength and that creates ball security issues. I'd also add that If we were going to run anything pass related while he was in there, the way Wiscy blitzes, we could all but guarantee AM would get smacked. Mazour, who is supposed to be pretty good at knowing the pickups, had a brutal time, and was the cause for several tackles behind the lines.
That's pretty fair on your assessment. It is asking a lot out of a true freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back