• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stadium Has Never Been More Quiet

Bigger Ed

XL Cranial Shield w/ Auxiliary Vision Enhancement
5 Year Member
The stadium was so quiet after Wisconsin scored their 3rd quarter touchdown, I could hear the goal post safety net being raised and lowered for the extra point from the 96th row. I think the word is, "resignation."

I actually walked away from this game encouraged
I did too. The gap between Nebraska and Wisconsin isn't huge. Mills is really good now that he adjusting to the offensive system. Wish we would have rode him more.

A similar effort will get a win over Maryland. Keep improving and then take a shot at Iowa for a bowl.

A team with this little margin for error can't afford to be this abysmal on special teams, though.

As did I Mack. Could still be a mirage as it is only one game, but Wisconsin is a good team and Nebraska had legitimate chances today to win. I'm not into silver linings any more than Coach Frost is, but today's performance provided some additional reasons for optimism, at least for me.

Now regarding the crowd ... ya it was pretty dossal in Memorial Stadium today. I would estimate the stadium may have been 65% full at kickoff, and it never did really charge up in there.

What have we been asking for? Improvement, right? I saw an offensive line beat up on a vaunted nationally ranked defense. I saw the quarterback play the way he did last year. I saw Mills go head to head with the best back in the country and look just as dynamic. I saw the best game plan since Frost arrived. I saw our tight end get involved in the game. I saw much better perimeter blocking, making that short passing game more effective.

Were there warts? Oh yeah. But i agree with you. There is something to build on.

Now regarding the crowd ... ya it was pretty dossal in Memorial Stadium today. I would estimate the stadium may have been 65% full at kickoff, and it never did really charge up in there.
English 101: Not to be nit-picky but I didn't know this word and was curious so I had to look it up. It's a real word but not what you meant. I think you meant docile, which really doesn't fit either, as it means, "easily handled or managed." Subdued may be what you're looking for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back