• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is as bad as anything I’ve seen in football

I don't know what was going on at the start of the scrum when Rudolph and Garrett were on the ground, but Rudolph appeared to have tried to get Garrett's helmet off. That isn't an excuse for what happened next, but something else was going on before they got off the ground. Garrett obviously snapped, should be suspended for the remainder of the year.....at least.

Late hit at the end of an already decided game. Not sure what Rudolph was doing; but, the initial hit is what really instigated the altercation.

Late hit at the end of an already decided game. Not sure what Rudolph was doing; but, the initial hit is what really instigated the altercation.

Could be.

When I saw the video I wasn’t aware it was basically the last play of the game. Just dumb.

Garret should be done for the season
Rudolph should get a 1-2 game suspension

Had garrett stopped at ripping his helmet off, i'd say they were even...that was justified "street justice" for what Rudolph did...basically actually doing what Rudolf attempted to do. Hitting with the helmet was disproportionate retaliation.

75429382_10156911356985748_1729285431167549440_n.jpg

Last edited:

I don't know about late, but he could have let up after Rudolph was going down.

I don't know about late, but he could have let up after Rudolph was going down.

Agreed, not late hit. That hit happens 10s of times a game and not called...rightly so. He followed through with the tackle but, didn't seem to be in a vicious way. What probably happened it Rudolph just because over the top frustrated with his 4 ints...one of which he had just thown that was a horrible pass and took out his frustration on Garrett. Garretts needs to get pressed on why he tried to pull the helmet off by the media too. As someone stated he came off like a jackass when he spoke tot he media after the game. I'm sure he was hoping the cameras didn't catch what he did.

I’m good with letting the league(s) handle these things. If they feel criminal charges should be filed, they should contact authorities.
Honestly, I am with you, unless some dude brings a gun out and shoots someone I don't think authorities should get involved. That would open a big can of problems if you do that. I guess my point was that there is some precedence as to bringing in authorities when something happens on the field of play.

ESPN is actually doing a very fair job at reporting on this. At least the show that's on now. Can't remember the guy's name, bu the just make the clear and strong point that Rudolph started the fight...excalated it...lost the escalation and then went after the guy and Garrett swung at the guy going after him. He said Garrett should get 6 games on the extreme side.

Hopefully these cooler, rational heads keep speaking up.

I’m good with letting the league(s) handle these things. If they feel criminal charges should be filed, they should contact authorities.

Honestly, I am with you, unless some dude brings a gun out and shoots someone I don't think authorities should get involved. That would open a big can of problems if you do that. I guess my point was that there is some precedence as to bringing in authorities when something happens on the field of play.
I appreciate the sentiment and understand the slippery slope of prosecuting bad acts in the sporting world but I would hope the reverse is true. I would hope that the local prosecuting attorney would contact the league and tell the league that if they don't handle this then they will prosecute.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back