• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs. Maryland kickoff set for 2:30 p.m.

Somewhat surprising. Most likely a game between a 4-6 team and a 3-7 team (I believe that is Maryland's record).

For sure bummed. I am going to the game and I wanted a Noon kickoff and then I was going to plan a Tinder date. But it is better than a night kickoff so I guess Tinder date will be brunch Sunday morning after a Husker victory I hope!

The TV timeslot assignments seem more complicated than I used to think. The presumption that unranked or poorer performing teams get the 11:00 doesn't seem straightforward. Bama is playing at 11:00 2 weeks in a row. Iowa and Wisky were both ranked and played at that time, as did 2 undefeateds between PSU and Minn. Iowa in particular has been a near lock for 11:00 despite being ranked all season. Obviously Eastern and Midwest teams are gonna play then over the other time zones, but there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the scheduling.

BTN - BADGERS (Nov 16)
BTN - TERPS (Nov 23)
BTN - BIRDS (Nov 29)

Well at least no prime time & major channels. Thank god for BTN.

Last edited:
For sure bummed. I am going to the game and I wanted a Noon kickoff and then I was going to plan a Tinder date. But it is better than a night kickoff so I guess Tinder date will be brunch Sunday morning after a Husker victory I hope!
Lol, I’ve been doing that dating thing also. Don’t think I ever want to get married again. Crazy the amount of women available. Where was this stuff when I was 30? Could have saved me a lot of heartache. Lmao!! :Lol:

I'm going to Maryland, too, and not sure I like the 3;30 time. Might get pretty cold by the end of the game with the sun down.

The TV timeslot assignments seem more complicated than I used to think. The presumption that unranked or poorer performing teams get the 11:00 doesn't seem straightforward. Bama is playing at 11:00 2 weeks in a row. Iowa and Wisky were both ranked and played at that time, as did 2 undefeateds between PSU and Minn. Iowa in particular has been a near lock for 11:00 despite being ranked all season. Obviously Eastern and Midwest teams are gonna play then over the other time zones, but there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the scheduling.

With FOX trying to make the 12pm/11am slot a big-time matchup nearly every week, it's kind of caused a domino effect with the other networks putting better matchups in that same time slot. Anymore, I find the 2:30pm slot on ABC to be a game usually to miss, when that used to be the game of the day to watch.

The CBS 2:30 time slot is the best. The best teams from the best league SEC

The CBS 2:30 time slot is the best. The best teams from the best league SEC

Now you went and did it.

With FOX trying to make the 12pm/11am slot a big-time matchup nearly every week, it's kind of caused a domino effect with the other networks putting better matchups in that same time slot. Anymore, I find the 2:30pm slot on ABC to be a game usually to miss, when that used to be the game of the day to watch.
Thanks for explaining. Now we know why our game against Maryland is at 2:30 :) I definitely prefer that over 11:00 so I'll take it.

I'm going to Maryland, too, and not sure I like the 3;30 time. Might get pretty cold by the end of the game with the sun down.
Supposed to get down to 23 degrees here tonight. Hoping for an Indian summer balmy day on the 23rd. I have 7 seats in Section 3 for the game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back