• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The path to beating Iowa begins against the Badgers

Oracle of Lincoln

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
NU has had 2 weeks to prepare. I would anticipate a full effort at home vs a West rival. Of course I felt the same way against Minny after a bye week and we saw how that turned out.

After a season of missed opportunities it’s now time to step up against a bully and earn some respect.

Play some physical football. Tackle with a purpose. Protect your quarterback like his life depends on it. Take the game to the 4th quarter with a chance to win.

Playing some old school smash mouth starts Saturday. If it doesn’t happen you might as well figure it isn’t happening this year. Forget 6 wins. Forget beating Iowa.

Put up or shut up NU.

NU has had 2 weeks to prepare. I would anticipate a full effort at home vs a West rival. Of course I felt the same way against Minny after a bye week and we saw how that turned out.

After a season of missed opportunities it’s now time to step up against a bully and earn some respect.

Play some physical football. Tackle with a purpose. Protect your quarterback like his life depends on it. Take the game to the 4th quarter with a chance to win.

Playing some old school smash mouth starts Saturday. If it doesn’t happen you might as well figure it isn’t happening this year. Forget 6 wins. Forget beating Iowa.

Put up or shut up NU.
:Rolf:

Put up or shut up NU.

If, and this is a big if, NU can actually play a smart game in all 3 phases, and limit the mistakes, they can beat Wisconsin. 5 or less penalties, 1 or less turnovers, and good special teams play.

You're correct. Not laughing at you, it's just gotten to the point of ridiculous in my mind how we can't seem to put it all together in one game.

Oh I know. Look at the points they put up in spite of terrible penalties, turnovers, and special teams. If they would just get out of their own way for a few games, they might be able to put something together.

Oh I know. Look at the points they put up in spite of terrible penalties, turnovers, and special teams. If they would just get out of their own way for a few games, they might be able to put something together.

Penalties are actually down some. I hope Wisconsin is overlooking us. To win the game Nebraska is going to need to play their best game of the year. They really need to play sound defense. Make them earn it on offense and get off the field on 3rd down. Taylor is going to get his yards you have to be able to limit other areas.

Offensively their is no getting around it, AM has to have a great game. Which he hasn't all year. He needs 300+ passing and about 70 running the ball. He can't have the fumbles or throw an interception.

Penalties are actually down some. I hope Wisconsin is overlooking us. To win the game Nebraska is going to need to play their best game of the year. They really need to play sound defense. Make them earn it on offense and get off the field on 3rd down. Taylor is going to get his yards you have to be able to limit other areas.

Offensively their is no getting around it, AM has to have a great game. Which he hasn't all year. He needs 300+ passing and about 70 running the ball. He can't have the fumbles or throw an interception.

Agreed. I think NU could probably get away with 1 turnover, but more than that and it's game over. Like you said, Taylor will get his yards, it's a matter of how many. Are we talking 30 carries for 125 yards? That could be doable. Anything above that and I think it's game over.

Agreed. I think NU could probably get away with 1 turnover, but more than that and it's game over. Like you said, Taylor will get his yards, it's a matter of how many. Are we talking 30 carries for 125 yards? That could be doable. Anything above that and I think it's game over.
They have a chance to win the game. But, they have to tackle Taylor. He can’t be allowed to run through tacklers like they aren’t even there. Going to take a great effort, no doubt.

If, and this is a big if, NU can actually play a smart game in all 3 phases, and limit the mistakes, they can beat Wisconsin. 5 or less penalties, 1 or less turnovers, and good special teams play.
This is what we’ve all been asking for. Most doesn’t involve talent. Requires fundamentals. This is the problem and why people get a little restless. You just said it yourself, “if”. Shouldn’t be an if. Coach them up!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back