• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton basketball 2019-2020

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
Here we go again. Seems way too early for basketball...and quite frankly I've paid little attention to CU or anyone else when it comes to bball up to last night.

For CU I can give you the headlines:
Jacob Epperson, coming off of a couple injuries, suffered a compound leg fracture. Out for what they say is "most of the season". I can't see how he ever comes back...very injury prone. Outside of him they had one other legit "5". A grad transfer from somewhere...name is escaping me right now...but he looked fairly decent last night. Not a bad "back to the basket" game. Probably not the gazelle that Epperson once was but serviceable (at least against bad competition). From there we go to Christian Bishop playing the "5". 6'7". Mac's inability or unwillingness to recruit size bugs the s--- out of me. But it is what it is. Bishop is going to be a really good player. He's put on 20 lbs and is obviously greatly improved from his freshman season. Generally, CU is still small ball/let it fly.

Davion Mintz is out for a few weeks with a "high ankle sprain". He was an awful PG but I like him at the 2 (or whatever you want to call it). He'll be missed early. But best to keep him out as long as necessary so he's good to go for Big East play.

With Mintz out CU started Shareef Mitchell (Omaha Burke) a true frosh. The only other true freshmen that have started game 1 for Mac are Doug McDermott and Khyri Thomas. Not bad company. Looks to be a really good defender. Offense will take a while...a little out of control which isn't unexpected given the circumstances (frosh starting, home town, 1st game, etc.)

Alexander is primed for a big season. He had an excellent soph season and played for the US in the Pan Am games this summer. He hit his first 3 or 4 3s last night. Needs to develop a drive game still if he wants to be a complete player.

Fairly challenging OOC schedule. Spanked kennesaw last night but they have Michigan next then La Tech (20 game winner last year), San Diego St. (20 game winner), Iowa or Texas Tech the next game, OU, Nebraska and ASU....so that's a pretty tough schedule. With no research at all I'll say I'll say 9-4 in the non-con and 9-9 in the Big East, 1-1 in the tourney and missing the dance. I'll also predict that I'll be pissed at Mac a lot and damn his lack of big man recruiting to hell at least a dozen times.

Somehow I thought UCONN was back in the big east this year...must be next year.

Shouldn’t this be in a Creighton website or a forum for other teams?

first time visitor to the basketball forum? Welcome!

nah. I’ve been viewing it a lot the past several years with high expectations.

I just don’t think a Creighton thread belongs in a Husker website. At a minimum it belongs in a separate Other Teams thread like in the football board. I’m sure you can understand why.

I love the yearly "move this to the Other Teams forum" responses this thread gets in November. Unless things drastically change after the loss to UC-Insert City Name Here, this thread might be the busiest place in the basketball forum.

nah. I’ve been viewing it a lot the past several years with high expectations.

I just don’t think a Creighton thread belongs in a Husker website. At a minimum it belongs in a separate Other Teams thread like in the football board. I’m sure you can understand why.
I have had similar thoughts but then let them pass. It's not as if either school has done anything nationally to justify separate rooms for fans at this point in their respective history. The state needs as much positive vibes on bball as they can get.

Here's to both programs that they can get so good we merit cubicles. :Cheers:

This has always been a good thread.

bilsker’s excellent reviews of games and fun Mac displeasure provide ample entertainment.
Been doing it for a while now and Keep it all in one thread so as to not clutter the page. few people engage...a few complain every november. Rinse repeat. The bball forum has always been a catch-all for bball topics, college, nba, hs, etc.

This has always been a good thread.

bilsker’s excellent reviews of games and fun Mac displeasure provide ample entertainment.

Can’t he post it in an “Other Teams” Forum? That seems most appropriate on a Husker website. Just my opinion. No bug deal I guess.

If you can stomach rooting for Creighton, it may be advantageous to do so this season. Year 1 of Hoiberg’s rebuild looks to be a rough one.

Big game in terms of resume v Michigan in progress. I had this one chalked up as a loss so a win would be a bonus in my book. That said...I'll believe in Howard as an HC when i see it.

Woverines raining 3s. If they keep that up Jays won't have a chance. Ballock keeping them in it until the others can warm up.

All of a sudden I'm seeing michigan play a little sloppy which, when i finally remembered their coaching change today, I kind of expected.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back