• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bye Week Practice (11/6/19) Coach Frost

I still believe that what Frost says is true regarding turning the corner. I do think he has made mistakes in trying to change the culture and it could have progressed faster, but I am on the outside looking in so just may be full of crap.

Culture is a funny thing. If year one or two, if we don't piss a win against CU down our legs and make that one play to win, I think we are in a different spot. And not just with CU, over and over across both seasons. I played on a team that felt snake bit, and players did get to the point of waiting for the (insert whatever way we found to f up a win here) to happen. It wasn't until we made one mistake less than required to lose that allowed us to win a close game, then did it again that we were able to get out of that.

People don't see where this is going. I don't right now. Progress is being able to beat a 2-5 Purdue team. Sorry a little jaded right now about the whole thing.

Agreed, wish he would use a chart, or a compass, or some other visual to help me see where it's going. My GPS keeps indicating "South" no matter which way I orient myself when watching the games.

Agreed, wish he would use a chart, or a compass, or some other visual to help me see where it's going. My GPS keeps indicating "South" no matter which way I orient myself when watching the games.

I guess for me taking a little longer means we are going 7-5 this year instead of winning the West. Not going 5-7 or worse.

Frost should consider cutting off media access by 50%.
I personally think he should increase it....just not use the platform to talk about players attitudes and previous coaches. He can say everything he has said, but by leaving out a couple of sentences, make it about how he is changing the culture WITH THE PLAYERS HE HAS, not the ones he hopes to have. Just my 2 cents.

I realize Frost can't be overly technical but I'd like to hear more football specifics in his pressors. Perhaps talking about the reasoning behind some play calls, what opponents have been doing both sides of the ball. How about specifically what are the coaches working on to improve pass protection, getting a pass rush, etc.

I've reached the point where platitudes like, " we need to work harder or we need to improve" are self evident after 9 games and 5 losses. We have fans that understand the game for the most part and none of this stuff is rocket science. I'm tired of coaches inferring it just to complicated for average fans to understand. Remember when Cally talked down to the fans with his infamous comment "it's just to complicated to explain"? That went over like a pregnant pole vaulter and got him labled as pompus azz hat. I always enjoyed Steve Spurriers pressors because he actually talked technical football and was completely honest regarding his teams performance be it good or bad!

Bottom line for me if pressors are simply going to be carbon copies of 30 other pressors why bother?

Last edited:

Best to bet the farm on Frost. Or not and get some season tickets for some other dumpster fly over team.
Just stop complaining, and give the guy a good 5 years to pull this dumpster out of the landfill left by the last three jokes that we’re had

I'm just gonna' sit back and wait for this team to come around. Forget this season, unless they can somehow knock off Maryland and have a miracle game vs Iowa. Next year will be fine with me; this year sucks!! ;)
Agree. Not much else we can do. Bowl gfame very doubtul now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back