• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RB Luben from Wahoo

joncarl

Nobody important
15 Year Member
Was talking to a family member last night and they said he is going to play at Nebraska. They seemed to think a scholarship was offered, I am assuming if he is going that it is as a walk-on. Anyone have any info?

Just going out on a limb here but I’d guess that is false....possibly a preferred walk on at best

Just going out on a limb here but I’d guess that is false....possibly a preferred walk on at best

that would be my guess. If he's a good student, in-state academic scholarships would make up a lot of the difference for the walk on spot.

He is very quick and fast, though

Was talking to a family member last night and they said he is going to play at Nebraska. They seemed to think a scholarship was offered, I am assuming if he is going that it is as a walk-on. Anyone have any info?
Walk-on offer. If he’s committed, it’s not public yet. He was just offered on Halloween.

https://journalstar.com/sports/high...cle_7f075ee5-4d23-51a4-ae50-cffaa5f012e6.html [2018]

Trev Luben, Wahoo, 2,215 ,Jr., Class C-1 Leader

[2019] Oh yeah, those 204 yards against Neumann vault Trev over the 1000 yard rushing mark for the second straight season, giving him a current season total of 1,084 yards (19 TDs).

Last edited:
“I decided to commit now because this is something I have wanted to do and it didn’t make sense to wait on it when I’ve known the whole time this is where I wanted to be and this is what I wanted to do.”

He will begin his career at running back but is open to changing positions.

“They (Nebraska) have me listed as a running back as of now, but I’m always open to change and if they think I fit in at another sport better I will 100% be okay with playing a different spot.”

-OWH

Welcome and a nice addition. Tough to stick a walk-on into a skill position, but he does have some speed and quickness and is good with the ball in his hands. I liked his film at DB - seems to have quick closing speed and hits like a safety. He's already 5-11, 195 or so, so not a stretch to see him add weight to play safety.

And, people will get sick of hearing this, but guys around this size with this speed are great candidates for coverage LB spots. The role of the ILB spot is shifting quickly and if we stick with a couple of big, thumpers we'll continually get burned downfield, not to mention using their pursuit against them when they aren't quick enough to react to misdirection.

Anyway, thought for another thread around that, but I can see some of these walk ons playing at 225 to 230 as well as the obvious positions for their size/speed right now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back