• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ILB Rodney Groce Decommits From Nebraska

Losing Groce hurts. There's no way around that.

Sure it hurts, but what will hurt even more is not developing Honas, Henrich, Hannah, and Reimer (not to mention Johnson). If we can't develop 2 of them, we have bigger problems.

Sure it hurts, but what will hurt even more is not developing Honas, Henrich, Hannah, and Reimer (not to mention Johnson). If we can't develop 2 of them, we have bigger problems
Couldn't agree more. If we can't develop two we do have some very serious problems indeed. GBR

Sure it hurts, but what will hurt even more is not developing Honas, Henrich, Hannah, and Reimer (not to mention Johnson). If we can't develop 2 of them, we have bigger problems.

You can’t develop what you don’t recruit. Nebraska is very low on LBs even with what you’re listing. Groce was a very solid addition to the class and it’s a mistake to dismiss his decommit.

Last edited:

You can’t develop what you don’t recruit. Nebraska is very low on LBs even with what you’re listing. Groce was a very solid addition to the class and it’s a mistake to dismiss his decommit.

I'm not sure he's flippantly dismissing the loss. It is a big deal, but man, we have a ton of guys on the roster who maybe aren't there yet or won't be there yet for a couple of years that need to be coached up, hit the weights and go full on Wisconsin on outplaying their 'stars' ratings. We have guys, but we don't seem to have many anymore that outplay their ratings.

I'm not sure he's flippantly dismissing the loss. It is a big deal, but man, we have a ton of guys on the roster who maybe aren't there yet or won't be there yet for a couple of years that need to be coached up, hit the weights and go full on Wisconsin on outplaying their 'stars' ratings. We have guys, but we don't seem to have many anymore that outplay their ratings.

Agreed on the “flippant” - ended up editing it before you replied because I didn’t like how it sounded.

There’s definitely a lot of talent that needs to be developed, but you can’t stop adding impact players because you had a nice class the year prior. I get the emphasis on developing, but that’s something that needs to go hand in hand with a balanced team and, ideally, as high potential players as possible. I get where you two are coming from, however.

Agreed on the “flippant” - ended up editing it before you replied because I didn’t like how it sounded.

There’s definitely a lot of talent that needs to be developed, but you can’t stop adding impact players because you had a nice class the year prior. I get the emphasis on developing, but that’s something that needs to go hand in hand with a balanced team and, ideally, as high potential players as possible. I get where you two are coming from, however.

Oh no question.

If you can add quality, even if it ends up being added depth, it's a win. Unless you have to spend an inordinate amount of time recruiting a kid you don't think is going to play just to have him on the roster, I say bring them on.

To what we have, looking at the Linebacker position both inside and out and it's sick with kids. Freshman out the wazoo. How many can actually play B1G football? Dunno, but if the staff can get half of them really ready to play, we might be on to something.

Oh no question.

If you can add quality, even if it ends up being added depth, it's a win. Unless you have to spend an inordinate amount of time recruiting a kid you don't think is going to play just to have him on the roster, I say bring them on.

To what we have, looking at the Linebacker position both inside and out and it's sick with kids. Freshman out the wazoo. How many can actually play B1G football? Dunno, but if the staff can get half of them really ready to play, we might be on to something.

From the sounds of it, they’re looking to add 5-6 to that room. Which I agree with because, as you said, they really need to develop a couple of these guys. Good thing about athletic LBs is that they’re great for ST. I hope it gets to the point where our LB talent can’t fit in the position room.

From the sounds of it, they’re looking to add 5-6 to that room. Which I agree with because, as you said, they really need to develop a couple of these guys. Good thing about athletic LBs is that they’re great for ST. I hope it gets to the point where our LB talent can’t fit in the position room.

Yeah, looking at the depth chart, aside from the handful of kids I know a little about, the rest are kind of a crap shoot. I've heard enough about a few of them to think we could fill a two deep with decent good players if we can develop. That's not necessarily all conference or championship types, but it looks like we have some clay to work with.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back