• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ILB Rodney Groce Decommits From Nebraska

Wait, what???

My heart wants to believe but my head says it’s a young kid being silly.

Last edited:

This is beyond confusing. I'm sure the school he planned to commit to isnt very pleased. Talk about mixed messages.

Just looking for followers? @N2FL any insight into this?

Last edited:
Maybe he has realized the Mississippi State coach would rather be in New Jersey than Starkville?

Maybe he has realized the Mississippi State coach would rather be in New Jersey than Starkville?
As far as FBS schools go, not many places as God-forsaken as Starkvegas. Nice campus, nothing else within an hour radius. Living in a fat-man's armpit for six months of the year, nothing to do but sweat. Tuscaloosa is 4x the size if that says anything. Maybe he realized Lincoln is a thriving metropolis and much nicer place to go to school than anywhere in the vicinity.

Last edited:
Still has the Nebraska visit photo as his feed header, too. I don't know if that changed. His pinned tweet is about decommitting.

Guessing it's a real, real long shot that they pull him back in.

that's my guess. Looks like he was fishing for a local/SEC offer, and we were the placeholder.

Mentioned this in another thread. he's a good player, and a guy who could play very early which I liked a lot, but he's a guy who I can see being a 2 down player or no down player against certain teams. He doesn't have exceptional speed and if he bulks up, he could lose more speed and need to play mostly in the box. That said, he had a 35" vertical which means he's explosive and can move quickly (by reference, L. David did 36 1/2 at the combine, but also had a 4.65 40 and a 4.22 shuttle)

We need a Lavante David type,IMO ;) -- speaking of that, where is the old Fort Scott coach now (Jeff Sims)? I always thought Bo should get him on staff and just let him recruit

P.S. looks like Sims is now at Missouri Southern State

I'd say we need a downhill thumper like this to compete with most of the big threats in this conference. Yes, some finess teams might present a bad matchup (potentially), but I want guys like Groce competing against the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa, etc.

Based on his film, he plays faster than that 40. He is a big loss.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back