• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Board?

We can take 28. But so much will depend on what guys like McQuitty, Bradley, Farniok, and others do.

With the latest news it looks like possibly more open scholarships to give. Looks like we may need to replace Hunt, Legrone, and now Washington. Yes all situations are fluid but none of them seem to have a positive outlook. Does the recent news change your lineup of position needs that must be met? Thanks

Personally, I can't imagine Farniok going anywhere. I think he will stay and maybe Will gets to play guard and such. McQuitty, Bradley, and perhaps Washington. But they may need another RB even if Washington stays. Sounds like Thompkins may have a tough time playing ( yet another surgery). I would bet they would give him a Medical Scholarship though. 28 is looking like a pretty solid number. Seems like the Staff will keep running guys through until they get the toughness and talent to the level they want.

Well, back to 13 and now Jones seems to be gone, and the verdict is still out on Mo. We need a lot of linebackers and receivers, egad. I counted 7 OLB or LB on the big board. We could take them all and still be able to go after some receivers of need. Still no word on Legrone or Hunt. Not sure no word is good word in this particular instance. Our positions of need seem to be multiplying.

With the latest news it looks like possibly more open scholarships to give. Looks like we may need to replace Hunt, Legrone, and now Washington. Yes all situations are fluid but none of them seem to have a positive outlook. Does the recent news change your lineup of position needs that must be met? Thanks
I bet they are looking for sure. Washington gone, Jones gone, and Thompson reinjuring the knee.

Last edited:

CB for Bryant-Strother to UCLA.

Hopefully, it’s based on post visit euphoria. Not confident in how our LB recruitment is playing out.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about the transfer portal in this discussion. Do you think they are looking in that direction for help on the line?

The transfer portal might become an important option for this particular recruiting cycle given the collapse on the field and overall record. It might be easier to convince some athletes to transfer in than convincing high caliber high school recruits to sign. It is only going to get harder to recruit/sign the players you need/want as the losses mount.

CB for Bryant-Strother to UCLA.

Hopefully, it’s based on post visit euphoria. Not confident in how our LB recruitment is playing out.
It's playing out very poorly. I'm glad we landed Gunnerson's verbal commitment, but we have struck out on everyone else. I think the staff wants to take 5 or 6 at the LB positions in this class, but we may have to reach on a few guys to get to that number.

Recruiting is seriously becoming a worry. I still believe in this staff but anyone who tries to spin 13 commits first week of November and constant misses at WR and LB as we are still in great shape is truly letting their love for this staff affect their judgement

Last edited:

Recruiting is seriously becoming a worry. I still believe in this staff but anyone who tries to spin 13 commits first week of November and constant misses at WR and LB as we are still in great shape is truly letting their love for this staff affect their judgement
The top 8 or 9 guys in this class form a really good corp group, and I think there are some difference-makers. The misses at WR and particularly at LB are alarming though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back