• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Booing During Injuries

Players are coached to go to the ground whenever they are injured so that the team has time to get their backup into the game. There isn't a single fan in the stands who has any clue whether or not a player is actually injured. The timing was poor, no doubt about that, but it doesn't change the fact that booing an injured player is classless.
Booing is classless but there should be a rule that if you go down you sit out two serious after you go down or even a full quarter. I mean if you want to side on player safety that will help with player safety.

I would suggest sitting out the rest of the possession. Helmet held by a trainer.
It was too obvious watching linemen at the game. Just layed down as needed.

Players are coached to go to the ground whenever they are injured so that the team has time to get their backup into the game. There isn't a single fan in the stands who has any clue whether or not a player is actually injured. The timing was poor, no doubt about that, but it doesn't change the fact that booing an injured player is classless.

They are also coached to know the “calls” for when to take a dive to slow down a no huddle. This is no big secret but the color guy even admitted when he was at Ohio state they had terminology for it (I forgot what he called it now) so don’t put all the blame on Neb fans for this- to me the Indiana stunt (repeated at least five times) was Just as if not even more classless.

Booing is classless but there should be a rule that if you go down you sit out two serious after you go down or even a full quarter. I mean if you want to side on player safety that will help with player safety.

Teams should lose a timeout In an injury and if they don’t have one it’s a five yard dead ball penalty. We’ll see how many dives there are then.

Well this thread takes the place of the "refs jobbed Nebraska again" thread after every game. I watched a game where one of their def tackles chased down a play, got his leg rolled up on and stayed down, I could hear jeers and boos, pathetic. I watched the coaches son obviously do something to his shoulder and the crowd booed and jeered. Even if you are the jury in the crowd meshing out verbal punishment for a team you think are taking injuries, when you are wrong and it is legitimate it makes you look really stupid.

Last edited:
I lost a lot of respect for Tom Allen today. I know a lot of coaches do it, but today was about as blatant as we've seen. To me, its a manipulation of the rules and sportsmanship.

My thoughts exactly. All the trash talking. Cheapshots. And then the fake injuries to top it off. Not a lot of respect for the way Indiana plays after watching that game

They are also coached to know the “calls” for when to take a dive to slow down a no huddle. This is no big secret but the color guy even admitted when he was at Ohio state they had terminology for it (I forgot what he called it now) so don’t put all the blame on Neb fans for this- to me the Indiana stunt (repeated at least five times) was Just as if not even more classless.
Scuba

We should never boo injuries at all. Fans and announcers are unable to identify 'legitimate' injuries while watching the game. There are plenty of legitimate injuries that occur during every game that go unnoticed by announcers and fans. If a team is in a hurry up offense, the player's only option to get off the field safely is to go down.

Until the NCAA figures out a decent punishment, and begins implementing that, you will see fans and players frustrated by this. Maybe if you had to sit at least half of a quarter, for the ‘well-being’ of the athlete? It’s apparent it’s being used to help control the pace of the game, and even the nicest fans grow weary of it.

When your offense is predicated on trickeration and getting lined up before the defense has a chance to react, this is what you are encouraging. Take the good with the bad. Get used to it...the game has changed, for the worst.

I agree with many on here, if you are "injured" you need to sit out the quarter or next quarter for "player safety.". It makes no sense for an injured player to lay down for two minutes, stopping the game, only to return one or two plays later....pure manipulation of the rules and poor sportsmanship

I agree with many on here, if you are "injured" you need to sit out the quarter or next quarter for "player safety.". It makes no sense for an injured player to lay down for two minutes, stopping the game, only to return one or two plays later....pure manipulation of the rules and poor sportsmanship
So if a guy goes down awkward, isn’t sure, so wants to have a trainer look at it before getting up he sits for a quarter? I don’t think you’ve thought this through.

Creating a rule for this is just as dicey as the booing. Some fans booed a guy who was clearly having a problem yesterday. IU coaches were yelling at the fans behind them, but after 4 flops you get what you get.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back