• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Indiana Opens As A Two Point Favorite Over Nebraska Update: Huskers Now One Point Favorite

While I don't gamble - if I did, I wouldn't touch it either way...……..
But if I was one who did, I would have to go IU.

If Martinez and W. Robinson are 100% or close to it, Nebraska will win the game. But I'm guessing they are both about 85%, so it will be a dog-fight.

While I don't gamble - if I did, I wouldn't touch it either way...……..
But if I was one who did, I would have to go IU.
Not surprising.

I wouldn't bet someone else money on this team right now, regardless of the opponent or the spread.

I just don't see it.

The fact that the line is moving all over the place tells me there's lots of action on this game -- both on the Indiana side and apparently even more on the Nebraska side. That's nuts!

Sometimes the best bet is not betting. 90% of the games I'd have a better feel of what to expect. Heck, we don't even know who all is starting for Nebraska in some key positions. Or how effective they will be if they do play -- considering even a healthy Husker offense has struggled all season. Why would anyone bet on such a mystery?!

And again, Nebraska is 1-6 Against the Spread this season. If you are going to bet against trends, you'd better feel really good about the situation -- and being largely clueless about some key offensive starters is not a good feel. Again, I'm not saying Nebraska can't or won't win -- but we are talking about betting. Putting real money on a game. Why bet on huge risks?

FYI, for those concerned about Indiana's quarterback situation -- they've got it better than some may realize. Their backup was not only their starter last season -- but he's played a lot of minutes this season even prior to filling in for the injured starter midway through their win over MD last weekend. Peyton Ramsey -- the backup (who may or may not start against NU) is 79 of 107 passing (73.8%) on the season for 843 yards, 6 TDs, 2 INTs. He's a junior with parts of three seasons playing under his belt. He's played an abundance of minutes in every game this season -- so he's basically the 1b QB to Penix as the 1a.. And he's rushed for over 600 yards in his career -- so he can move.

Last edited:
The fact that the line is moving all over the place tells me there's lots of action on this game -- both on the Indiana side and apparently even more on the Nebraska side. That's nuts!

Sometimes the best bet is not betting. 90% of the games I'd have a better feel of what to expect. Heck, we don't even know who all is starting for Nebraska in some key positions. Or how effective they will be if they do play -- considering even a healthy Husker offense has struggled all season. Why would anyone bet on such a mystery?!

And again, Nebraska is 1-6 Against the Spread this season. If you are going to bet against trends, you'd better feel really good about the situation -- and being largely clueless about some key offensive starters is not a good feel. Again, I'm not saying Nebraska can't or won't win -- but we are talking about betting. Putting real money on a game. Why bet on huge risks?

FYI, for those concerned about Indiana's quarterback situation -- they've got it better than some may realize. Their backup was not only their starter last season -- but he's played a lot of minutes this season even prior to filling in for the injured starter midway through their win over MD last weekend. Peyton Ramsey -- the backup (who may or may not start against NU) is 79 of 107 passing (73.8%) on the season for 843 yards, 6 TDs, 2 INTs. He's a junior with parts of three seasons playing under his belt. He's played an abundance of minutes in every game this season -- so he's basically the 1b QB to Penix as the 1a.. And he's rushed for over 600 yards in his career -- so he can move.

You went into way more depth but everything you say is 100% spot on and why I wouldn’t touch it.
This game is the exact definition of “gambling”

I have a feeling this game won't be a 1-1.5 point win...I will be surprised if it is that close.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back