• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez status for Indiana

Didn’t Burrow just say in an interview somewhere that no one from Nebraska recruited him? I assume that meant Riley too.
Yes, he did. So I really don't understand why folks are saying that some coaches did recruit him. I don't know. Either way, we dropped the ball big time.

Didn’t Burrow just say in an interview somewhere that no one from Nebraska recruited him? I assume that meant Riley too.

New coach Mike Riley attempted to get back into the recruiting horse race with Burrow. No such luck.

"Oklahoma and Nebraska tried to change my mind," Burrow said. "And Jim Harbaugh called one time. I told him I'm committed to Ohio State. I'm not taking any other visits."

New coach Mike Riley attempted to get back into the recruiting horse race with Burrow. No such luck.

"Oklahoma and Nebraska tried to change my mind," Burrow said. "And Jim Harbaugh called one time. I told him I'm committed to Ohio State. I'm not taking any other visits."

So basically it was just a hail Mary from Riley to make it look like he tried.

I disagree that he did and so does JB.

Bo rejected Burrow, but not Riley.

Riley had less than two months to put together his first recruiting class in Lincoln after being hired away from Oregon State in Dec. 2014 and the Huskers weren’t able to sign a quarterback despite making a late run at Nebraska legacy eventual Ohio State signee Joe Burrow. Had Riley had a full year to recruit Burrow things might have been different but by the time Riley was hired Borrow was already locked in the Buckeyes.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back