• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mo Washington not on depth chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great, great potential but at this point in time the juice isn't worth the squeeze, NEXT MAN UP!

.... but damn it anyways.... the dude could jump over people!

So he's gone for this week, this season, or for good?

Mo is a tremendous talent, but he can't seem to stay out of his own way.

Not sure that's entirely accurate. I was told by someone knowledgable that he basically refused to run inside even when the play called for it. That's simply not going to cut it when it happens 4 or 5 times in a row. This situation might have been a distraction if Mo wasn't following team rules. HCSF has to make sure the tail isn't wagging the dog which to some extent seemed to be the case.

I wish him well and hope he gets himself straghtened out because he has some great talent imo.

To the bolded - that is certainly how it appeared. His ballet skills on those inside runs showed some promise, though. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this! Speaks volumes. Lots to be inferred. Or... just let it go, hope MW gets his life together, and cheer for the next one up. I vote for the latter.

GBR
let’s cheer for both MW has a long journey left on this planet. He was shown a paved path and chose the path less traveled. With age comes wisdom. Next up, cheers as well. You’ll be given every opportunity.

Last edited:

Not sure that's entirely accurate. I was told by someone knowledgable that he basically refused to run inside even when the play called for it. That's simply not going to cut it when it happens 4 or 5 times in a row. This situation might have been a distraction if Mo wasn't following team rules. HCSF has to make sure the tail isn't wagging the dog which to some extent seemed to be the case.

I wish him well and hope he gets himself straghtened out because he has some great talent imo.
And HCSF said in his post Minni game presser this:

"Their back would run through holes at full speed but our backs sometimes would and sometime wouldn't. Their receivers would sometimes block second level blocks and our guys sometimes would and sometimes wouldn't. Their guys stayed on blocks and our guys sometimes did and sometimes didn't. At the end of the day if you can rely on a run game then you're going to put your team in good spots and everything else in your offense works. We need to have a run game without having to lean on your QB having to run all the time. We have to QBs nicked up right now because those have been some of our most productive run. I'm not used to coaching an offense like that."

Sounds like this is the best move for the culture of the team.

TEAM first.

WE
ME

When the team culture gets to the point where HCSF wants it, this type of situation will probably be addressed by the Unity Council. Until then it's HCSF making the hard decisions.

And HCSF said in his post Minni game presser this:

"Their back would run through holes at full speed but our backs sometimes would and sometime wouldn't. Their receivers would sometimes block second level blocks and our guys sometimes would and sometimes wouldn't. Their guys stayed on blocks and our guys sometimes did and sometimes didn't. At the end of the day if you can rely on a run game then you're going to put your team in good spots and everything else in your offense works. We need to have a run game without having to lean on your QB having to run all the time. We have to QBs nicked up right now because those have been some of our most productive run. I'm not used to coaching an offense like that."
It's becoming clearer now, huh? The culture just isn't there yet. I think 99% of the guys on the team WANT to do the right thing, but to a degree they still don't know what they don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back