• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Putting it all on one Post for us

GIFRRO

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Been lots of going back and forth from some fans that are upset at this staff and others that are upset that they are, well, upset at this staff.

So lets just put this all out there. There are 2 arguements.

1 - We stink and we are not happy about it and are a little upset with HCSF and the staff.

2 - He needs time, its only year two whats wrong with these fans what did they excpect. Be patient.

How about we all just recognize that both are correct?
HCSF appears to be the man for the job and the best possible guy for us. It also appears in many ways that after several years or getting his own players in here and getting a full change of culture, that we have reason to be optimistic if we are just patient. Its very good word of the wise to have fans just be patient and look forward to the rebuild. We will get there.

However, we are also not a very well coached and prepared team right now. And while a lack of talent and culture can be blamed for part of it, theres also no excuse for this team to be this bad. If our staff did a better job this team, we would not be this bad. This staff is under-acheiving and this team isnt very good and is capable of being much better. Thats on the $5,000,000 HC and his staff.

So its accurate to preach patience and its accurate for fans to expect better from this staff this year. The've earned the criticism.

So lets all just move on knowing we are all right and GBR

Agree for the most part. To me, either HCSF is “there is only one way to do it.” And he doesn’t have the players to do it his way (may never get there), or he is under tremendous pressure from the expectations that he can’t afford to run bad influences off and possibly be even worse than we are already. He is full steam ahead on recreating Oregon and UCF in Lincoln. I get that he needs to put on a show that will attract kids and running a lot of I formation won’t sell some kids. I guess we have to hope he gets the Jimmies and Joes or he doesn’t and is forced to run an O to fit the talent. Either would be better.

Been lots of going back and forth from some fans that are upset at this staff and others that are upset that they are, well, upset at this staff.

1 - We stink and we are not happy about it and are a little upset with HCSF and the staff.

2 - He needs time, its only year two whats wrong with these fans what did they excpect. Be patient.

HCSF appears to be the man for the job and the best possible guy for us. It also appears in many ways that after several years or getting his own players in here and getting a full change of culture, that we have reason to be optimistic if we are just patient. Its very good word of the wise to have fans just be patient and look forward to the rebuild. We will get there.

However, we are also not a very well coached and prepared team right now. And while a lack of talent and culture can be blamed for part of it, theres also no excuse for this team to be this bad. If our staff did a better job this team, we would not be this bad. This staff is under-acheiving and this team isnt very good and is capable of being much better. Thats on the $5,000,000 HC and his staff.

So its accurate to preach patience and its accurate for fans to expect better from this staff this year. The've earned the criticism.

I can be patient while still having reasonable expectations. I think that’s fair.

Those expectations include improvement, though I understand it’s not always going to be linear.

I’m fine with people being unhappy about the teams play this far and hope the team shares that opinion. I also have no issue arguing that the 10-11 win crowd was not thinking straight and was unduly effected by the strong second half of 2018.

I will voice my displeasure in the manner I feel is warranted and that’s pretty much it. I’m not looking for pointers on how or when to be pissed off. A 34-7 ass kicking from Minnesota warrants pissed off, though I figured that game would be tough going in.

Nebraska will be fine, or they won’t. How I or anyone else not paid or recruited by the university reacts is really irrelevant.

I can be patient while still having reasonable expectations. I think that’s fair.

Those expectations include improvement, though I understand it’s not always going to be linear.

I’m fine with people being unhappy about the teams play this far and hope the team shares that opinion. I also have no issue arguing that the 10-11 win crowd was not thinking straight and was unduly effected by the strong second half of 2018.

I will voice my displeasure in the manner I feel is warranted and that’s pretty much it. I’m not looking for pointers on how or when to be pissed off. A 34-7 ass kicking from Minnesota warrants pissed off, though I figured that game would be tough going in.

Nebraska will be fine, or they won’t. How I or anyone else not paid or recruited by the university reacts is really irrelevant.

Good post.

I don't know how I can separate Coach Frost from the rest of the staff. Coach Frost is the perfect man for the job but I have reservations about some of his staff. Do I have to consider Frost and his staff as one entity and any reservation about his staff is a direct gripe at coach Frost?

I don't know how I can separate Coach Frost from the rest of the staff. Coach Frost is the perfect man for the job but I have reservations about some of his staff. Do I have to consider Frost and his staff as one entity and any reservation about his staff is a direct gripe at coach Frost?

I share some of the reservations, but I have to wonder how fair it is as well. If the current trend continues for the remainder of the season or there is further regression, I think it’s worth a conversation. Having said that, I do t know that I would expect Frost to fire anyone. It’s not like we’re talking Bruce Read kind of boat anchor coaching performance here.

Even if RSR disagrees with the both of you :Biggrin: --- these posts are spot on. There is reason to be patient. Yet, there is reason for disappointment. Doesn't make you any more or less a fan. When we hire someone on this board to dictate who is a "real" fan or not, then I'll be on my merry way. But as of today, I don't think that person has been hired.

Last edited:
Even if RSR disagrees with the both of you :Biggrin: --- these posts are spot on. There is reason to be patient. Yet, there is reason for disappointment. Doesn't make you any more or less a fan. When we hire someone on this board to dictate who is a "real" fan or not, then I'll be on my merry way. But as of today, I don't think that person has been hired.

Yeah, about that. Please send me your "Real Fan" application by end of business today.

No, no, no. Just like the two party system everything is black and white. How dare anyone support this coaching staff and have blatantly obvious critiques of how the games are going? Don't you all know HCSF lives on Husker Max forums and cries every time something negative is said?

For the love of God, the coaches are just as upset about these issues as we are. They know it, we know it, and they're working on it.

Never said it did. Never said anyone was or wasn't a real fan.

No, no, no. Just like the two party system everything is black and white. How dare anyone support this coaching staff and have blatantly obvious critiques of how the games are going? Don't you all know HCSF lives on Husker Max forums and cries every time something negative is said?

For the love of God, the coaches are just as upset about these issues as we are. They know it, we know it, and they're working on it.

I agree 100% with everything you've said. My ONLY concern is the extremely vocal minority that eventually could make things miserable for this staff. 99% of the people on this board do not fall in this category.

Yeah, about that. Please send me your "Real Fan" application by end of business today.
I Popscynical do here by pledge my unwavering support for the Nebraska Football Program. I will with all due diligence voice only positives within the program at all times.

Signed
True Red Popscynical

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back