• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Board?

skerinks

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
The Huskers just received LUCKY number 13 commitment. That brings us to near the halfway point for the numbers we can take this year. Those of you in the know, so to speak, give us an idea of the Big Board and positions still in need. I think we need some WR's this year after watching the lack of production on the field. The OL looks good with what we have committed and last years class. We need a stud receiver and Rush end. Fill me in folks.

They want their interior guy to be either Chandler Durham or possibly Kobe Rios. IMPO they'd love to finish their D-line class with Alex Harrison (NG) and Tuli Tuipulotu and Marquis Black as the two DE's.

They'd love to get Omar Manning to fill one of the last WR spots... Kaden Johnson and Choe Bryant-Strother are the best LB'ers that you have a legit shot at getting currently. Guys like Caleb McCullough, Jared Ivey and Mister Williams would be good gets too.

See if I can go off what I remember...

QB - 1 - and we are good with Smothers

RB - 2 - We have two committed with Morrison and Scott. I could see this bumping to 3 commits if we lose Bradley or Washington

WR - 3 - 5 - We have Betts and Nixon already committed, with Nixon who could do a bit like Robinson and play some RB. Betts also is an academic risk. If they aren't looking for a JUCO i'd be concerned. You lose Noa, Williams, Woodyard, McQuitty probably won't stick around, Andre Hunt is off the team, and Miles Jones barely getting any reps. I'd take 3 more if I were Nebraska, but who knows what quality is sitting around.

TE - 1 - Nebraska feels good about their TE room, but they felt better about it when they had LeGrone still in the fold. It's not where you are now, but where you are in 2 or 3 years. I still think we only take 1 guy.

OL - Gaylord is the only senior and he may get a medical redshirt. 2 guys committed that are pretty good. They probably are honing in on just one more guy, but maybe one more on top of that if people like Will Farniok get upset and take off, or Raridon wants to go play somewhere his senior year.

NG - 2- This position scares the heck out of me for 2020. Got Nash and just got Black on board. Would assume we are done unless there's a JUCO or a grad transfer for help.

DE - 3 - Lose Daniels, Davis, Davis, Vainuku, and Neal. That's five. Would think we want to bring 3 in here to replace those guys. Throw in Walker who may never contribute and that's 6 we need to recruit for. Still at zero commits as we need to keep Gunnerson at OLB.

OLB - 3 - Have Gunnerson, want Kaden Johnson, probably should grab another one too in case something funky happens at this position like Domann transferring or moving Nelson down to DE. Plus this position has been our achilles heel. I'm actually surprised more people aren't jumping at the chance to come play for us. We have some early playing time available.

ILB - 2 - We had a really good class last year, and Rodney Groce committed. Need one more for sure and that depends what they do with guys like Hannah or Snodgrass. Do they move any of them to OLB?

DB - 4 or 5 - Lose Jackson, Lee, Anderson, Stovall, so we return some good players. Have Gray and Lynum committed. Probably need another safety and another corner.

With our system and lack of quality WR I'm surprised we aren't getting more looks from WR's. Any guesses why that is?

With our system and lack of quality WR I'm surprised we aren't getting more looks from WR's. Any guesses why that is?

They’re in on or have gotten a look from Omar Manning, Justin Robinson, and LV Bunkley -Shelton. All are highly rated. I’m not sure if there’s any other prominent names, but those are three good ones.

Last edited:

QB - 1 - and we are good with Smothers

RB - 2 - We have two committed with Morrison and Scott. I could see this bumping to 3 commits if we lose Bradley or Washington

WR - 3 - 5 - We have Betts and Nixon already committed, with Nixon who could do a bit like Robinson and play some RB. Betts also is an academic risk. If they aren't looking for a JUCO i'd be concerned. You lose Noa, Williams, Woodyard, McQuitty probably won't stick around, Andre Hunt is off the team, and Miles Jones barely getting any reps. I'd take 3 more if I were Nebraska, but who knows what quality is sitting around.

TE - 1 - Nebraska feels good about their TE room, but they felt better about it when they had LeGrone still in the fold. It's not where you are now, but where you are in 2 or 3 years. I still think we only take 1 guy.

OL - Gaylord is the only senior and he may get a medical redshirt. 2 guys committed that are pretty good. They probably are honing in on just one more guy, but maybe one more on top of that if people like Will Farniok get upset and take off, or Raridon wants to go play somewhere his senior year.

NG - 2- This position scares the heck out of me for 2020. Got Nash and just got Black on board. Would assume we are done unless there's a JUCO or a grad transfer for help.

DE - 3 - Lose Daniels, Davis, Davis, Vainuku, and Neal. That's five. Would think we want to bring 3 in here to replace those guys. Throw in Walker who may never contribute and that's 6 we need to recruit for. Still at zero commits as we need to keep Gunnerson at OLB.

OLB - 3 - Have Gunnerson, want Kaden Johnson, probably should grab another one too in case something funky happens at this position like Domann transferring or moving Nelson down to DE. Plus this position has been our achilles heel. I'm actually surprised more people aren't jumping at the chance to come play for us. We have some early playing time available.

ILB - 2 - We had a really good class last year, and Rodney Groce committed. Need one more for sure and that depends what they do with guys like Hannah or Snodgrass. Do they move any of them to OLB?

DB - 4 or 5 - Lose Jackson, Lee, Anderson, Stovall, so we return some good players. Have Gray and Lynum committed. Probably need another safety and another corner.
Yikes, that looks like a lot of holes to fill with not enough slots available. What is the total number we can take? 25 plus 2? With all the needs we might be pushing that number. Thanks as always.

RB - 2 - We have two committed with Morrison and Scott. I could see this bumping to 3 commits if we lose Bradley or Washington.

I could see both of those guys moving on … is it plausible to add 4 maybe by JUCO or grad transfer to balance the class?

Edit: Also considering Mazour is gone too … albeit a former walk-on that has probably got more playing time than Bradley now.

Last edited:

I could see both of those guys moving on … is it plausible to add 4 maybe by JUCO or grad transfer to balance the class?

Edit: Also considering Mazour is gone too … albeit a former walk-on that has probably got more playing time than Bradley now.
I’m not saying Washington is definitely gone so hope people don’t think that, just wouldn’t shock me. He also has to find a landing place which could prove difficult.

But as others have pointed out, you only have limited spots. You have to fix LB, have to always stock your lines, WR loses a ton and apparently some guys aren’t ready.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back