• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A solution for Coach Frost

Frost seems pretty passive on the sidelines and in the media..........this could be coming from the top.........or he is smart enough not to upset the apple cart and get through some of these players and find the ones that want to be football players........

Maybe he has been mandated to keep the ship upright and get through Reilly's mess and then implement.

We don't know what he has been told by higher ups......... I got to think he is a better coach than what we have seen.........his record at UCF was too good.

I could be wrong (I am a lot) but I have a hard time believing that Moos 'dictates' anything to Frost other than keep on plugging away. I just can't believe Moos tells Scott anything. I am sure they visit alot and maybe he offers some suggestions if asked, but even that might be a stretch.

Again, or else what? If it doesn't get moving "north" soon, then what? Besides an abundance of Fire the Staff threads, this guy is here for, hopefully, a long time. Maybe the stupids in our fanbase will drive him away but I hope not. So I guess we all need to calm the hell down and be patient.
Frost will get this turned around. He’s competitive and understands how to win he’s proven he can coach. Two teams Wisconsin and Ohio State have dominated the Big Ten the past five or more years. Wisconsin has done it with coaching young men up, they know who they are and what they want to do. Ohio State is a recruiting machine they do it with incredible athletes ( 9 drafted last season and 10 the year before). It’s going to take time another two to three years. I am encouraged by the size of the offensive linemen recruited. Nebraska didn’t fall apart overnight horrible coach firings and even worse hiring over twenty years put this program where it is today.
No more firing coordinators or head coaches. The right coaches are in place let’s have some patience.

my only advice for Coach Frost is to win out. not impossible, even with this team.
It needs to just look like a team again. Some consistency. Do that and the wins will follow. Matt Campbell got Iowa State turned around quickly. Iowa State :oops: No reason Nebraska shouldn’t be better. Competitive is what I seek. Get there, and you can worry about bigger things after.

Again, or else what? If it doesn't get moving "north" soon, then what? Besides an abundance of Fire the Staff threads, this guy is here for, hopefully, a long time. Maybe the stupids in our fanbase will drive him away but I hope not. So I guess we all need to calm the hell down and be patient.

Yup. This is precisely why Frost asked for and was given a seven year contract. This program needs stability not constant upheaval. Nick Saban, Barry Alvarez, and Mark Dantonio moved east, west, and a little south for three or four years before moving north.

Yup. This is precisely why Frost asked for and was given a seven year contract. This program needs stability not constant upheaval. Nick Saban, Barry Alvarez, and Mark Dantonio moved east, west, and a little south for three or four years before moving north.

I firmly believe that if Frost can't get this program back to consistent success, then we're doomed to be Purdue. So no pressure, Scott.

First of all get to six wins. The Huskers need to 3 weeks of bowl practice for next year.

IF/when NU gets to six wins, SF should hang a blank depth chart in the locker. Then he should tell the team, I don't care who you are, where you came from, how many "stars" where after your name or what grade you are in..........give me 22 guys who want to play football. I am going to start anyone with "want to"...........I would rather lose with guys who are football players than go .500 with guys who play football. Let me restate that gentlemen........ I am going to start anyone with "want to"!!!!

I have seen or watched tape of over 1000 football games, been on the sidelines for many. "Want to" wins a helluva a lot of games. So do football players...........against Minnesota Wandale was the only football player Nebraska had.

What is a "football player"? It starts with Butkus & Nagurski and goes on with Lambert, Lott, Ditka, Hines Ward, Jack Youngblood, Csonka etc.

Kenny Bell was a football player, Terrel Farley, Wistrom, Peters, Tomich, Rathman......just to name a few. A football player will play anyone, anywhere, anytime in any conditions and will try to destroy the will of the other team. I believe it was Jared Tomich that said "Every man has his breaking point, and we are going to find his" about Danny Wuerffel. and they did.

If you don't subscribe to Tomich's theory.............clear out your locker. End of story.
I'm on board, but like someone else said, I'd start right now.

It needs to just look like a team again. Some consistency. Do that and the wins will follow. Matt Campbell got Iowa State turned around quickly. Iowa State :oops: No reason Nebraska shouldn’t be better. Competitive is what I seek. Get there, and you can worry about bigger things after.
Agree completely. We have issues on this team, but I still see no reason why they can't play much better football. Do the little things right and expect perfection. Not one team left on our schedule is daunting and that includes Wisconsin. I think Wisky has been the beneficiary of an extremely favorable schedule (do they ever play a road game?).

Last edited:

Agree completely. We have issues on this team, but I still see no reason why they can't play much better football. Do the little things right and expect perfection. Not one team left on our schedule is daunting and that includes Wisconsin. I think Wisky has been the beneficiary of an extremely favorable schedule (do they ever play a road game?).
They play @Ohio State in 2 weeks. So we will see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back