• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If I didn't know better, I'd say...

No, not really. I can't think of a coach I ever played for that created the spark that makes you want to win, or take pride in what you do. They may have helped elevate that, but the basis for that begins and ends with the player.
Don’t tell that the the teams Herb Brooks coached including the olympic team

Hard to tell if there really is discord amongst the team but fact that Davis smacked another player in the helmet after being disciplined by the team already for that is a bad sign.

Don’t tell that the the teams Herb Brooks coached including the olympic team

Those guys had pride, they played for excellent programs, and even prior to Herb taking them to the next level, they were gamers to the point they went after each other in practice. They were good enough to compete with, and defeat a lot of the teams. Herb took them to competing against, and defeating medal contenders.

Those guys had pride, they played for excellent programs, and even prior to Herb taking them to the next level, they were gamers to the point they went after each other in practice. They were good enough to compete with, and defeat a lot of the teams. Herb took them to competing against, and defeating medal contenders.
Thank you for making my point. HB took players from the gophers, UMass , Boston college. Why? He knew they all hated each other, Herb brook was psychologist and a master of motivation. Yes they were gamers.

Why do you think the reason was for Herb scheduling the Russians a week before the games started. It was that game where they became a team and NOT individual players.

No, not really. I can't think of a coach I ever played for that created the spark that makes you want to win, or take pride in what you do. They may have helped elevate that, but the basis for that begins and ends with the player.
I mostly agree with this. I do think that in the long run, the HC can establish a culture that attracts players with a will to win, and can develop that will in players. But that all takes a long time.

In the short run, the only way to implement an attitude adjustment is with leadership from upperclassmen. Do we have any of those?

Thank you for making my point. HB took players from the gophers, UMass , Boston college. Why? He knew they all hated each other, Herb brook was psychologist and a master of motivation. Yes they were gamers.

Why do you think the reason was for Herb scheduling the Russians a week before the games started. It was that game where they became a team and NOT individual players.

I don't think I'm making your point. You seemed to suggest it was all about Brooks. I'm saying Herb had the luxury of taking a group of elite competitors, guys who could have likely gotten close to the medal rounds on skill alone. Brooks took that and modeled it into a next level committed group. I don't think we have a team of elite competitors. I think we have too many guys who were good at football in high school and assumed that was going to mean they could put in the same effort and be good in college. Wrong answer.

Frost doesn't have what Brooks did, so while their goal is the same, the task is not.

I'm starting to question if Frost really has achieved total buy-in.
I believe SF knows everything that needs to be fixed and that it will take time.
Like more walk ons and space for 150 players.
I think the buy in is there for SF, the media and the fans expected results like his last job. Maybe the players have also believed it was going to be a quick turnaround after the strong finish last year and SFs turnaround On fla.
So SF has the strongest buy in... just tuff to be honest and explain we don’t have the horses and at the same time pump sunshine on the current roster.

I just finished reading all of the online articles in the OWH and LJS. Somehow I am sensing there is some sort of disharmony on the team. conflicting groups of players, a bad apple, a coach that is de-motivating to the players? I live 500 miles away but wouldn't have the answer if I were in Lincoln and with the team daily. Something is wrong with this team and it's squarely between the ears of the players. It appears their attitudes are where they were two years ago.
I just counted on our roster: there are 24 seniors and 24 juniors, most of who HCSF didn't recruit. 25 are starters or in backup roles, i.e. second/third string. I suspect it is possible that some of these, who are starters, are causing problems, and/or not buying in to the program. If this is the case then I hope they won't permanently poison the well of our freshman an sophomores! Our depth chart has 28 freshman and sophomores in the starting lineup or as backups.

Last edited:
Hard to tell if there really is discord amongst the team but fact that Davis smacked another player in the helmet after being disciplined by the team already for that is a bad sign.
A bad sign? In what way? As in only one of our players was pissed off we were getting shellacked by PJ and The Flecktones?

A bad sign? In what way? As in only one of our players was pissed off we were getting shellacked by PJ and The Flecktones?

A bad sign in that a player was disciplined for an activity and then he repeated it. It shows the lesson was not learned but ignored. To me, it’s a sign of disrespect to SF.

I don’t know if you saw it but SF ripped into Davis on the sideline.

I’m not sure if this is relevant, but it is interesting that Frost stated in a recent interview or presser that he didn’t think the culture was quite ready yet to resurrect the Unity Council. Unless I’m mistaken... they still haven’t resurrected it.

Perhaps there’s more culture work (I.e. team leadership) to be done than previously thought.

Last edited:

A bad sign in that a player was disciplined for an activity and then he repeated it. It shows the lesson was not learned but ignored. To me, it’s a sign of disrespect to SF.

I don’t know if you saw it but SF ripped into Davis on the sideline.
The replay showed it did not happen. Scott should be standing behind his player when it did not happen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back