• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The narrowing path to six wins and a bowl game

As I take a breath and get ready for Husker V'ball, I am recalling that we started 0-6 last season... relatively speaking 4-3 isn't so bad and my wife is still seeing Iowa below us in the B1G standings!

I'm going to go optimistic here:
1. Bye week gives some of our guys a chance to heal. I haven't looked for any postgame comments on Robinson...our big four threats need to be on the field at close to 100% (Martinez, Robinson, Mo Washington, Spielman). We basically had none of them last night...Washington hasn't looked right in the past few games.

2. Indiana, Purdue, Maryland are all Jekyll/Hyde teams that can score. I don't think there is much defense on any of them, except maybe Purdue. We could win or lose all 3; but, I'm optimistic that we'll pick up the two that we need.

3. As the season progressess, the 4 game redshirt rule comes into play a little more. Coaches can continue to manage the games and get more of the young guys rotated in while still keeping an eye on the future. Hard for us to be patient; but, we need to let this play out. The game is won and lost in the trenches and I'm hopeful about what might be coming up on both lines.

I am thinking we need to do anything to beat Indiana, Purdue, and Maryland. Against Wiscy and Iowa I would just let the Freshman/ Sophomores take their shots in the trenches. At least then the young guys can really experience what BIG football is about and where they need to go.....sure we will get killed, but we are going to get manhandled regardless...I would rather the young guys get a taste of it so it motivates them in the off-season.

I want to see us get to at least 6-6 to show improvement from last year. I honestly don’t care about a bowl at all. If we make it, great. If not, oh well.

At the beginning of the year I thought we would have to win three out of four against MN, IU, Pur, and MD. Since we just blew our safety valve, we now have to beat the other three. I happen to think we can and will. I thought 6 wins would be hard to come by when the year began, and now it has come true. But I think we will do it.

At the beginning of the year I thought we would have to win three out of four against MN, IU, Pur, and MD. Since we just blew our safety valve, we now have to beat the other three. I happen to think we can and will. I thought 6 wins would be hard to come by when the year began, and now it has come true. But I think we will do it.
Don't we have to just win two more games to get to bowl eligibility pr am I not counting correctly?

Don't we have to just win two more games to get to bowl eligibility pr am I not counting correctly?
Correct, with the current play and coaching...it seems like mission impossible.

Maybe we could get the Wisky game rained out and substitute Bethune Cookman?

Last edited:
Five games left. Beating Wisconsin is a pipe dream, so that effectively leaves four games to get two wins. Iowa is probably a long shot too, but maybe we have a chance since their offense is almost as bad as ours right now. Coming out of the bye week, Indiana is a must-win game. I would like to think we could beat Purdue and/or Maryland, but I do not trust this team on the road.

What does everyone think? Do we reach six wins and make it to a lower-tier bowl game?
Forgive me,but I don’t TRUST this team to win on any field.Love our Huskers,but do not see a bowl game in our immediate future.Where do we start to get things righted?GBR.

More gloom and doom the sky is falling the sky is falling. Why not sit back support this team and let things fall where they may

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back