• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota (10/12/19)

Perhaps our coaches need to tweak the “no fear of failure” perspective. It may be a mindset that’s being applied in the wrong way. ;)

I really do prefer one of Vince Lombardi’s similar perspectives...

“Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”

It’s a subtle difference, but it sets a different expectation and priority... kind of goes along with this perspective... again from Lombardi:

“There is only one kind of discipline, and that is the perfect discipline. As a leader, you must enforce and maintain that discipline; otherwise, you will fail at your job.”

I’m all in with giving Frost the runway he needs to get this thing off the ground. I also believe that Frost will learn and adjust too. It will be interesting too see how and where he makes adjustments along this long runway.

Last edited:

I have appreciated your posts until this one, this is not on the offense, first drive of the game was, what a 14 yd avg. The d didn't show up tonight.

The D line resembles that remark. They went from a disciplined group in game 1 to one of the worst performances in modern Husker history. How did a group that started the season so well take such a backslide??

Last edited:
The D line resembles that remark. They went from a disciplined group in game 1 to one of the worst performances in modern Husker history. How did a group that started the season so well take such a backslide??
They began playing teams with a pulse.

They began playing teams with a pulse.
Diaco had the same problem when he over-rode Parella and wanted the DL to over-step their roles. I fear Ruud's poor leadership is leading us down the same path. Maybe its the DL position coach, but I have a hard time believing he is happy with the technique out there considering his history. Maybe our whizkid D coordinator isn't such a bright master of the D. Whatever the cause, when a DL doesn't stay in their lanes it reeks havoc on everyone else.

I have appreciated your posts until this one, this is not on the offense, first drive of the game was, what a 14 yd avg. The d didn't show up tonight.
Way wrong
The D didn't play as well tonight and some of that is on them
But they gave up 2 touch down drives, one with a short field to be down 14 to 0 at half.
That's not horrible. What is horrible is the 0 points by the offense. No blocking at all by the oline.
This d is not an over talented D. So they give up 3 tds in 3 quarters. Not great but not horrible. What is horrible is the O and the O lines ability to do nothing. How many teams do we beat on our schedule with 7 points? The D eventually wore out after constant 3 and outs and no help from the O. Th he D didn't play there best game but they got nothing from the O line.
There's not the talent on this D to just win games with no offense.

Way wrong
The D didn't play as well tonight and some of that is on them
But they gave up 2 touch down drives, one with a short field to be down 14 to 0 at half.
That's not horrible. What is horrible is the 0 points by the offense. No blocking at all by the oline.
This d is not an over talented D. So they give up 3 tds in 3 quarters. Not great but not horrible. What is horrible is the O and the O lines ability to do nothing. How many teams do we beat on our schedule with 7 points? The D eventually wore out after constant 3 and outs and no help from the O. Th he D didn't play there best game but they got nothing from the O line.
There's not the talent on this D to just win games with no offense.

The offense did not get manhandled by the gopher offense, obviously the offense did not help but blaming an inept offense for a defense that could not stop an offense from the get go is misguided. We knew going in the offense was going to struggle, but it was going to be hard to win when our d line was being pushed back 8 yards from the line of scrimmage from the first play. I expected more from the defense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back