• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is this a Power 5 staff?

I believe SF assembled a good AAC staff. I think Florida understood he did not have an SEC caliber staff. I don't believe Moos had the equity in place or foresight to demand any upgrades like Florida stipulated, he just had to hire the coach we all wanted. I think arrogance by Scott led him to believe that because they made it look so easy at UCF that it would translate to the B1G. I'm not sold on their recruiting and I am certainly not sold on the results or player development. Take a look at the resumes of our current staff and it's clear they lack experience at the Power 5 level and I don't believe any had any experience in the B1G.
This is the problem in a nutshell

If this team doesn’t start showing some progress, there is going to be growing pressure to make staff changes. Frost is in a very secure position with the fans, but I’m not so sure about his assistants.

If this team doesn’t start showing some progress, there is going to be growing pressure to make staff changes. Frost is in a very secure position with the fans, but I’m not so sure about his assistants.
I agree that Frost is in a very secure position with the fans but REALLY would that be the case if he had stayed at Stanford and never set foot on our campus? By records alone Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and even Riley stood out as more successful year one and unless we have a dramatic turnaround all will be more successful in year 2. Frost is getting a lot of equity and benefit of the doubt due to his time as a player and his results in the AAC.

Moos may need to have a chat with HCSF he needs guidance

Isn’t that how we got tackling consultants and “feel the strain” diaco.

But I get the point. This staff is going through a huge learning curve. The question is if we want to wait for them to figure it out.

But I get the point. This staff is going through a huge learning curve. The question is if we want to wait for them to figure it out.

The question in my mind is 'Can they figure it out'?

Defensively, can Chinander tweak his scheme and coaching style to fit what the players are capable of and what is required to win in this conference? It's been a mixed bag so far, which makes it hard to evaluate the core issue.

Offensively, can Frost/Walters/Verduzco find a way to use the aggressiveness opposing defenses are employing to their advantage? Most of last night Minnesota had all 11 players within ten yards of the LOS and the bulk of our plays stayed within that zone. Why? Are we truly that limited with our personnel?

Lots to fix and the 'when' is going to be a bigger and bigger issue if this season finishes like I think it will.

Yes, and Rugby tackling. Moos needs to do what the fans need to do: focus on the head coach. If he's not getting it done, he's the one who shold bear the brunt of the blame. It the HC refuses to make changes then the AD needs to fire him and bring in someone better. (I'm not advicating for firing anyone-just outlining what I think the philosophy of an AD should be: hands off; let the HC coach and that's who an AD evaluates.
Loyalty is an admirable attribute. Blind loyalty is a fault. Imo, there's been too much "Nebraska way" blind loyalty for the last 20+ years. I now believe we won't be competitive until we figure that out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back