• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is this a Power 5 staff?

We snuck out a win against Illinois and Frost straight up told us that is where the team is at. He wasn’t speaking in metaphors.
So, Minnesota should beat the hell out of NU? I’m sorry, I can’t buy that, any year. The team does NOT look well coached at this time, that doesn’t have anything to do with talent. It’s a sloppy, undisciplined team right now. That’s coaching.

So, Minnesota should beat the hell out of NU? I’m sorry, I can’t buy that, any year. The team does NOT look well coached at this time, that doesn’t have anything to do with talent. It’s a sloppy, undisciplined team right now. That’s coaching.
I'm not disagreeing. We look poorly coached and it appears certain players believe effort is optional at times.

This starts at the top. Coaches need to re-think what they are doing because it ain't working. And then they need to figure out their method for inserting a sense of urgency to the team. I swear, it looks like several guys know damn well their spot on the depth chart is secure.....and they play like it.

If people are goin to post about our staff, then they need to send apologies to Madrat for bringing this up a month ago...
I know right. I already posted this a week ago. He brought this up and got absolutely ridiculed, then the same people slip it in. Funny. Fickle.
I caught a post yesterday how a guy ridiculed me for saying Ohio state was not that much better and we had a good chance against them....then yesterday posted how 'we all knew we were going to get boat raced against them'. Really?

No leadership, no one barking at players and getting in their faces, no accountability. Coach Frost better make this the worse two weeks of the players life coming up. He needs to find his inner hardass and start putting his foot up people's butt. Players, coaches, everyone is failing right now.

No leadership, no one barking at players and getting in their faces, no accountability. Coach Frost better make this the worse two weeks of the players life coming up. He needs to find his inner hardass and start putting his foot up people's butt. Players, coaches, everyone is failing right now.
good time to start over

I voted to keep Solich. So I'm exonerated. I hated the Callahan hiring. I knew he was bad news. I thought Pelini was a good d coordinator. I thought Riley was stupid as a hire. Come on. Really? A career loser?

Some here refuse to evaluate Frost. I don't know why. He's our head coach. Why can't he be evaluated? Why is that so taboo.?? Does it hurt feelings?

The punishment for criticizing Frost is terrible. You get called names, worthless fan, near-sighted, against the program, what did you expect Alabama?, hey stupid, did you see what Riley left us with, hey stupid, you don't change things overnight, hey, just because other programs have, doesn't mean we should (for some unexplained reason). Hey, Frost was successful elsewhere, did you see the Auburn game UCF won? Hey, it's going to take 5 years of recruiting. Stop whining (which someone will respond to this with assuredly).

Yet no criticism of Frost. Super human greatest coach ever. 4-8. Then 4-3 so far. Yay!

Frost has a seven year contract. It’s time for Husker nation to grow up and realize constant flux in the program is not going to be the “answer”. We tried the flux thing. It didn’t work.

Is the staff missing that couch that rips into its players? From the sounds of it and looks frost is about like Osborn in coaching. He needs that coach on both offense and defense that Osborne had in guys McBride. Yes no one likes the coaches yelling but it needs done. If frost isn’t going to do it then he needs to find some coaches that will do it for him.

Keep calm everyone. Losing like this to the gophers is brutal. The truth is that this was a major rebuild job and it was not going to be perfect starting in year two.

Recruiting took a hit in pelini’s last year and frost’s first year. Look at the “***’s random thought” thread and there’s a post about how none of the 2018 WR recruits have panned out. And, although not true, it seems like the entire 2017 class is playing for west Nebraska Oregon state university.

The only guy on the OL that frost recruited was Jurgens. And he was going to sign with NE no matter who was coach.

It’s frustrating, but it’s going to take some time for consistency.

I love Coach Austin’s passion and loyalty, but I think this is a fair question: He got a raise this year to $500k, and yet we have an O-line that underperforms week after week. We have quarterbacks that aren’t protected, running backs that don’t have holes, false starts and trouble even getting the ball to the QB. What exactly did he do to deserve that raise?

I'm not disagreeing. We look poorly coached and it appears certain players believe effort is optional at times.

This starts at the top. Coaches need to re-think what they are doing because it ain't working. And then they need to figure out their method for inserting a sense of urgency to the team. I swear, it looks like several guys know damn well their spot on the depth chart is secure.....and they play like it.
if this is the case they need to start "shooting hostages". there is about a 30% chance of going to a bowl game this year.

1. I can't believe i just typed that. That is utter failure. Period.

2. But since it is reality...texas it. Of guys are half assing or not giving a damn get freaking rid of them. I'd rather see ANYTHING other than 71 running around like a freaking dancing bear again. I mean jesus when you play that bad the whole hair thing looks silly. I know that's petty but seriously...if i sucked that bad i wouldn't try to stand out in a crowd. I'd rather see a frosh get abused because of inexperience.

they don't yell at players

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back