• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We Are a Bad Football Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
We are a few years of recruiting and strength development away from being a good team. Long road to go unfortunately.
SF would need to take a page from the SEC schools to turn it around fast- tell some guys "thanks, but you aren't contributing so we are taking your scholarship back. We'll help you get somewhere else."

Unfortunately, some of those guys are starters...

Riiiight.

Oh mister you have all the patience and condemning thoughts for those that don't. Super big guy and vast supporter. No reason to post anything critical or evaluative except to just get called out by you for being less of a fan than you.

Team sucks. It's on the coaches. My take. You can have yours. Attack me. Keep it simple. Don't actually analyze the team or provide assessment. Just keep lobbying for many many years for expectations to be valid.

I see a weak team. You see a strong something, I forget. I see a weak coaching staff. You see a what? Future I suppose. I see no progress, you see avenues of calling people out for what?

Hey. Take this team. Embrace it. You like it. Good for you. Have at it. You win. You are the keeper of the faith. I'll come crawling to you when it happens. Enjoy it then. I'll keep having different expectations until then.

Last edited:

Oh mister you have all the patience and condemning thoughts for those that don't. Super big guy and vast supporter. No reason to post anything critical or evaluative except to just get called out by you for being less of a fan than you.

Team sucks. It's on the coaches. My take. You can have yours. Attack me. Keep it simple. Don't actually analyze the team or provide assessment. Just keep lobbying for many many years for expectations to be valid.

I see a weak team. You see a strong something, I forget. I see a weak coaching staff. You see a what? Future I suppose. I see no progress, you see avenues of calling people out for what?

Hey. Take this team. Embrace it. You like it. Good for you. Have at it. You win. You are the keeper of the faith. I'll come crawling to you when it happens. Enjoy it then. I'll keep hating it until then.
Thank you for the reminder. Seriously.

I'm really, really disheartened.

We've out-recuited the West, we have a hot young "legacy" coach, yet we still look awful across the board.

What will it take to be good again? How do we break the Solich Curse?

The program has been the model of instability over the last 18 years. 5 coaches (every 3.3 years). Offensively, we ahve gone from option/running football to WCO, to spread/zone read-ish, to a more traditional NFL-style offense, back to a spread. We have gone from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and have had by my count 7 defensive coordinators since 2002.

I think our recruiting is overrated.

In 2015, 4 of our top 5 recruits are either out of the program or backups
In 2016, 5 of our top 10 recruits are out of the program
In 2017, 4 of our top 5 recruits are out of the program

So, once you account for that, while on signing day we won the West, I'm not sure that really pans out on paper.

I agree with you about the Solich curse although I think this snowball started to run downhill in 2001 in Boulder when we got stomped by Colorado. We lost our mojo that day.

Anyway, this is a shell of the program. There are so many holes on the team it is hard to comprehend. The OL needs a total overhaul. We need WRs and LBs in the worst possible way. I love Mo Berry's fire, but he's not a very good linebacker. Honas is fair. Alex Davis shouldn't be playing football.

Frost needs five more years, minimum. The program craves stability and frankly, if he fails, I don't know where the program goes.

I have to guard my expectations. I don't think any of the changes that have happened in college football over the last 30 years have been to Nebraska's favor. The geographic disadvantage facing the Huskers is daunting.

We are stuck with frost for at the very least five years. I believe we will still hit a bowl game. Just have to beat two of three teams in Purdue Indiana and Maryland. Last that we are looking at the very least one more game like tonight but probably two more in my eyes. Riley completely destroyed anyprogress thwt was made under pelini. I hope we don’t have to endure three more seasons like this but at this point we might have to.

At least you're honest about your ridiculous lack of patience. Its ugly but it sounds like you're ready to bail exactly 1 1/2 years into a coaching staff. Really beyond ridiculous.
Your opinion. And it's a good opinion. My patience has been tied to seeing improvement. Progression. Development. Culture. Effort. Adjustments. Preparedness. Which one of these categories have you viewed as optimistic?

I had Frost on a short leash for most of these. I gave him the long term to get the program right, based on some short term achievements. He has done nothing. Sorry. I guess you see something I don't. I envy your viewpoints, cause I don't see anything good.

At least you're honest about your ridiculous lack of patience. Its ugly but it sounds like you're ready to bail exactly 1 1/2 years into a coaching staff. Really beyond ridiculous.
But hey, call a poster out. Don't critique the one's actually getting paid millions to provide a competitive product. Seems easy.

I'm really, really disheartened.

We've out-recuited the West, we have a hot young "legacy" coach, yet we still look awful across the board.

What will it take to be good again? How do we break the Solich Curse?
We were headed down this path with Solich. The poor recruiting and blowouts started with him and it’s just snowballed. His last nine win season before he got fired was not any more impressive than the nine wins season we got out of Riley. The revisionist history under the man and where we were going never ceases to amaze me. There was a lot of bad football played under him once McBride retired and Tom’s talent graduated.

We are stuck with frost for at the very least five years. I believe we will still hit a bowl game. Just have to beat two of three teams in Purdue Indiana and Maryland. Last that we are looking at the very least one more game like tonight but probably two more in my eyes. Riley completely destroyed anyprogress thwt was made under pelini. I hope we don’t have to endure three more seasons like this but at this point we might have to.
Three more season like this? Then Frost was the wrong hire. Better keep to not paying payouts? I think someone better comes along in the meantime and we can pay Frost out to get them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back