• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota (10/12/19)

Most well coached teams show improvement as the year goes on. This team seems to be getting worse every week. I still support Frost, but am at a loss to explain the mediocrity before our eyes.

What worries me is that Frost cannot explain it either. I know he knows football and knows how to coach. I think that the BIG is a very different animal than his coaches are used to.

Last edited:
I know. He can play in 3 more games and still redshirt. I guess they are saving him for Wisconsin, Iowa, and another team that will take us behind the shed.

Based on what the broadcasters said, it sounds like Frost and Verduzco are old school and don’t want McCaffrey to play at all the rest of the season. It appears that they don’t think McCaffrey knows enough of the playbook yet and they don’t want to insert him in a game with a small package of plays.

Based on what the broadcasters said, it sounds like Frost and Verduzco are old school and don’t want McCaffrey to play at all the rest of the season. It appears that they don’t think McCaffrey knows enough of the playbook yet and they don’t want to insert him in a game with a small package of plays.
So our coaching staff can’t coach up the 3rd string QB? Okayyyyyyyyyyyy

@Mentally Red ......Get the heck out of there man! Go somewhere warm and dry and order some Boat Drinks...... :Lol:
I’m in a warm place now. Watched the end in TV. We all thought it looked a lot nicer there on TV than it was in person. There was sleet and freezing rain coming down the whole game and the stadium was about half full. Depressing!!

Maybe we have to much in the playbook.Our QB’s haven’t been able to run many of the plays very well it seems.

No. We have too many games left. It would be nice, if more qb’s go down (reasonable concern with this o-line), to play him without having to burn his redshirt. If this was the third to last game, I would agree.

There’s four other QBs that can play. You play him when you have the chance. They’re just wasting guaranteed reps on Bunch. I don’t rate “theoretical reps” as a great reason why.

Our playbook?! C'mon...I see the same zone/read vanilla plays getting blown up by our opponents snap after snap after snap. I think Luke can handle the playbook...lol.

So our coaching staff can’t coach up the 3rd string QB? Okayyyyyyyyyyyy
I think the implication is that Frost’s offense is complicated and the Nebraska playbook isn’t one that they want to ask a freshman QB to learn quickly if they don’t have to. With AM, Vedral and Bunch they can afford to let McCaffrey learn at a slower pace.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back