• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota (10/12/19)

Vedral's played pretty well for the most part . . . for a guy seeing his first start, on the road, in the cold/snow. And with the defense playing terrible, he's playing from 2 TDs down and without Robinson. No need to play McCafrey and burn another game right now. Gotta let this play out and see if the defense can play better to start.
I agree. I still believe AM is the better option for us, but I’ve been really impressed with Vedral tonight.

I’d like to see McCafrey get some designed plays. He has 3 more games left to play for his RS and I can’t see many games on our upcoming schedule where he would get PT.

we stink...no argument from any Husker fan in the world on that.

But doubling a payout to forfeit is a whole different level of stupid if that’s an honest take.

I didn't think my post required it but here you go.....:Sarcasm:

So you think they should fire Frost I’m guessing?! And hire who?! If Frost can’t make this happen eventually you might as well kiss Husker football goodbye. I’m unhappy about this performance, but calling for Frosts head given the circumstances is crazy? Who would come coach here after firing him? C’mon man
You're right. Calling for Frost's head is stupid. I'm just calling out the original hire. Just because he brought UCF to something was a bad pedigree. He has been out coached each game he's been in so far. Just a fair reflection and analysis. We should have gone with someone different. Hindsight is 20/20. Frost is in over his head. How can you argue differently??

First half thoughts.

A total embarrassment.

We got out coached. Out hustled. Out played. Out hearted.

We are lucky to only be down 14-0.

We look like we did two years ago here under Riley.

Why were we calling timeouts at the end of the half? If we would have held them, we would have gotten the ball with about 2-5 seconds left. I guess we were playing to block a punt.

Boe Wilson is a swinging gate on any pass play. Trent Hixson got completely destroyed on our last pass play.

Is there any pride in these guys?

On Minnesota’s two drives, we looked like we did against Michigan last year. They won every single point of contact. Even on relatively good plays, our guys were back-pedaling and their guys were attacking.

How many false start/illegal procedure/illegal formations can we cram into one half? How many times this year are we going to be late coming onto the field after a kickoff? That is on the coaches.

Noah Vedral looks okay but we can’t sustain anything because we have to false-start and push people in the back every time we get to midfield—which was quite often. Once again, we lead the nation in yards per points.

They are running with ease as no one wants to make a tackle or risk an embarrassing contact.

We can’t even down a ball inside the five without falling down and pretending that we slipped—an old time proven ploy by players who have no intention of making a play.

If we play with no fear of failure, then what is it we are playing afraid of?

Our ball carriers are getting killed as Minnesota has no fear and we are playing scared, timid, and soft.

Wan’Dale Robinson is the latest victim. Hope he is okay.

Why do our players stop running downfield and turn around and run the other direction so often? What was Spielman thinking and where did he think he was going on his big play?

I’d like to see us try Mills inside and the speed guys outside. Or is tricking the other team by doing the opposite of our strengths the goal here?

If the 50 yard line was the goal line, we’d be winning. Minnesota gets the ball first in the second half. This could get ugly. We are lucky it isn’t worse already.

Last edited:
You're right. Calling for Frost's head is stupid. I'm just calling out the original hire. Just because he brought UCF to something was a bad pedigree. He has been out coached each game he's been in so far. Just a fair reflection and analysis. We should have gone with someone different. Hindsight is 20/20. Frost is in over his head. How can you argue differently??
Who would you have hired? Frost was the #1 coaching candidate out there, and had quite a few teams clamoring for him. So if not Frost, who?

Earlier today I posted it will be 4 or 5 years. Nebraska needs some talent and depth. With Wandale getting injured JD is the only talent on offense. That isn't going to win you any games especially with a sucky O line. Who will get drafted on D? Jackson probably, that is about it.
You can’t use Wandale in the B1G like Frost has used him. I called this weeks ago. Just a matter of time. Sad really.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back