• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We didn't help ourselves.

OSU has 50+ 4 and 5 star rated players on their roster, a lot of senior and juniors on thier starting depth chart. I agree, they might be one of the best teams this year. WE can help ourselves in the next few weeks by winning. Big Big difference between Ohio States team and what the Huskers face in the next several weeks. Getting to a bowl game and the extra practices that come with that will make a difference.
A bowl game? Psh. We have to win the west so we can beat OSU in Indy.

our recruiting will not get much better than it is now, til we win more games. if we finish 9-3, we have a real chance at some great players, if we go 6-6, were still selling our history, and opportunity to play early.

I would feel really awesome if we were able to get a couple of the flips. That would send our class up the proverbial ladder significantly!

Four commitments from the Ohio State weekend with Marquis Black DT from GA jumping onboard today....we continue to help ourselves.....:)

Coaches recruiting well. Oddly players who were already interested in Nebraska were at the game, so that they committed here after that weekend isn't so surprising. However, trying to dispel the OPs notion that we didn't help ourselves by getting shellacked is sorta taking a big sip. Also, we had a ton of visitors that game, we sure as heck need a few of them to commit.

Recruiting at Nebraska has not improved under Frost in my opinion. A few good players have come in the past 2 years, but a lot of misses and holes in this line-up from subpar recruiting. It certainly doesn't help that Riley's last class is all but non-existent.

Hopefully this class continues to improve.

Last edited:

Recruiting at Nebraska has not improved under Frost in my opinion. A few good players have come in the past 2 years, but a lot of misses and holes in this line-up from subpar recruiting. It certainly doesn't help that Riley's last class is all but non-existent.

Hopefully this class continues to improve.
Frost is certainly recruiting good enough talent to win 10 games and the west when the coaching takes hold, imo. Then from there I believe this staff has the potential to ratchet up even higher.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Of course it's helpful if the step is in the right direction.

Last edited:
Maybe we didn't help ourselves to two or three more recruits again with this last stomping? Coaches will be turning down guys by the Iowa game if this particular unconventional recruiting strategy keeps reeling them in. Possibly we wrap up the class immediately after Wisco bloodbath... (I'm joking.......maybe)

Coaches recruiting well. Oddly players who were already interested in Nebraska were at the game, so that they committed here after that weekend isn't so surprising. However, trying to dispel the OPs notion that we didn't help ourselves by getting shellacked is sorta taking a big sip. Also, we had a ton of visitors that game, we sure as heck need a few of them to commit.

View attachment 31249

Usually players who show up for OVs are interested in a school. So the is a Captain obvious. Getting 4 players from a weekend visit is nothing to sniff at or down play as you are trying to do. The OP and you are missing the most obvious thing about recruiting is that it is built on relationships and hard work recruiti g players. Look no further than a Top 15-20 class last season with a 4-8 record. Sure it's ideal to win but when your rebuilding and in this case a massive rebuild selling the future and building relationships is what it's all about. Go read what all of the commits said after that game.

Four commits out of a weekend is a rarity in recruiting.

Bottom line I disagree with your premise based on the facts

Maybe we didn't help ourselves to two or three more recruits again with this last stomping? Coaches will be turning down guys by the Iowa game if this particular unconventional recruiting strategy keeps reeling them in. Possibly we wrap up the class immediately after Wisco bloodbath... (I'm joking.......maybe)

You and Native Gene need to go back to your comedy class for a refresher ;)

Usually players who show up for OVs are interested in a school. So the is a Captain obvious. Getting 4 players from a weekend visit is nothing to sniff at or down play as you are trying to do. The OP and you are missing the most obvious thing about recruiting is that it is built on relationships and hard work recruiti g players. Look no further than a Top 15-20 class last season with a 4-8 record. Sure it's ideal to win but when your rebuilding and in this case a massive rebuild selling the future and building relationships is what it's all about. Go read what all of the commits said after that game.

Four commits out of a weekend is a rarity in recruiting.

Bottom line I disagree with your premise based on the facts

Dude, your facts don't measure the effect. Any kid who wants to compete for championships (which I think we would want) is going to be potentially turned off by the distance between 2019 Nebraska Cornhuskers and the elite. Will there be some who overlook it? Sure. Can I measure the effect the game had? No.

In this case, common sense trumps the "facts" as presented IMO.

Dude, your facts don't measure the effect. Any kid who wants to compete for championships (which I think we would want) is going to be potentially turned off by the distance between 2019 Nebraska Cornhuskers and the elite. Will there be some who overlook it? Sure. Can I measure the effect the game had? No.

In this case, common sense trumps the "facts" as presented IMO.

Since you seem to be the expert I am going sit back in this forum and let you teach me. I am all ears :)
Oh and when we finish in the Top 20 again (which we will) we can revisit this discussion

Peace

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back