• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Minnesota Will Beat Us.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

Boy you really got me referencing a movie from 40 years ago. OOOh what a burn. :rolleyes:
Wasn't meant as a burn. It's a quote I pull out when I just throw my arms up and give up on someone. "Serenity Now" is another one that I like.

Take care bro. We all love the same team.

40 year old movie should be right in your wheel house. I remember you saying that obscure movie references/quotes was your thing a couple years ago.

C
Actually I said that earlier this week. However, that one was even a bit dated for me. I was 13 at the time. Only thing I really remember about the movie was Tatum Oniell. She was cute. Don't think I have watched the movie for 30 years. I never really got the fascination with it.

Actually I said that earlier this week. However, that one was even a bit dated for me. I was 13 at the time. Only thing I really remember about the movie was Tatum Oniell. She was cute. Don't think I have watched the movie for 30 years. I never really got the fascination with it.

Well you said it a couple years ago too and that is the time I remember.

C

What are we discussing again... :Biggrin:
Okay, so I am wondering what people think about Minny's breakout running game last week? They rushed for over 300 yards, but it was Illinois. Against Georgia Southern and Purdue they rushed for less than 100 (just heard it on the news tonight). That is an interesting stat. Ibrahim had a good game last week but we shut him down last year (18 for 49 yards) and their offense overall at 36 for 125 yards 3.47 yards per attempt.

I know the adage of "run the ball, stop the run, win the game" has been a common one in the past, but that could be even more true for a cold, windy game like is forecasted for Saturday. I think our D-line has the mass and talent to control the line of scrimmage, but it will be interesting to see if our O-line can show improvement and create some running lanes between the tackles. I fear if we are relegated to only running outside we will be very limited on offense, as the PA game could be negated. Just some thoughts. GBR!!

Okay, so I am wondering what people think about Minny's breakout running game last week? They rushed for over 300 yards, but it was Illinois. Against Georgia Southern and Purdue they rushed for less than 100 (just heard it on the news tonight). That is an interesting stat. Ibrahim had a good game last week but we shut him down last year (18 for 49 yards) and their offense overall at 36 for 125 yards 3.47 yards per attempt.

I know the adage of "run the ball, stop the run, win the game" has been a common one in the past, but that could be even more true for a cold, windy game like is forecasted for Saturday. I think our D-line has the mass and talent to control the line of scrimmage, but it will be interesting to see if our O-line can show improvement and create some running lanes between the tackles. I fear if we are relegated to only running outside we will be very limited on offense, as the PA game could be negated. Just some thoughts. GBR!!
That's some good points you make. You might win me over by Saturday night. Keep going.

That's some good points you make. You might win me over by Saturday night. Keep going.
I'm not trying to sway anyone, except for maybe myself because this is my bi-annual travel game with my partner. Our first was when we had been dating for about 1 year and we've made it a tradition since 2013. We've also attended every home game with Minnesota since. I even proposed to her at halftime of the Minnesota game last year, so yeah, we're invested for personal reasons.

So, I'm always looking for a silver lining because winning the game would make for an even greater trip, though we have fun no matter what. We got whooped bad the last time we went up there by a very mediocre Minny team. The people next to us who I purchased tickets from were very polite and sympathetic as their team poured it on. They said "wow, we didn't think you'd be as bad as we are". Their fans are simply the best, hands down. We tried to find their tailgate afterwards but couldn't and ended up at another on our walk back. Those Minny fans were so accommodating, they gave us beer and we bs'd with them and watched football on their TV. One guy dressed in overalls even offered me a chew, which I accepted with appreciation (don't judge). Talk about a friendly group of fans. They are the best and I'll always return for that reason alone.

That said, I hope we beat Minny down hard core and take no prisoners, but no matter the outcome, we will be the opposing fans looking to socialize with their fans and show that we are just as kind and friendly as they have been to us over the years. Most things are bigger than any game, despite our fandom. GBR!!

I agree with all of this. Minny has overall not been a great running team. If the weather is bad it makes sense for us to have them throw the ball. Heavy winds, unseasonable cold, not a good combination for a running game. Perfect game for Mo and WR to run wild. I could see that shuffle to WR going for a lot of yards tomorrow.

I'm not trying to sway anyone, except for maybe myself because this is my bi-annual travel game with my partner. Our first was when we had been dating for about 1 year and we've made it a tradition since 2013. We've also attended every home game with Minnesota since. I even proposed to her at halftime of the Minnesota game last year, so yeah, we're invested for personal reasons.

So, I'm always looking for a silver lining because winning the game would make for an even greater trip, though we have fun no matter what. We got whooped bad the last time we went up there by a very mediocre Minny team. The people next to us who I purchased tickets from were very polite and sympathetic as their team poured it on. They said "wow, we didn't think you'd be as bad as we are". Their fans are simply the best, hands down. We tried to find their tailgate afterwards but couldn't and ended up at another on our walk back. Those Minny fans were so accommodating, they gave us beer and we bs'd with them and watched football on their TV. One guy dressed in overalls even offered me a chew, which I accepted with appreciation (don't judge). Talk about a friendly group of fans. They are the best and I'll always return for that reason alone.

That said, I hope we beat Minny down hard core and take no prisoners, but no matter the outcome, we will be the opposing fans looking to socialize with their fans and show that we are just as kind and friendly as they have been to us over the years. Most things are bigger than any game, despite our fandom. GBR!!

The keys are two:
1. Morgan's running ability. Last year he ran for 4 times for 35 yards against us. I fear greatly that if we play man coverage and the pass rush doesn't get him, he will escape for big yardage as he did las t year.
2. If we play man coverage, as others have against MN, their quality receivers will burn us on slant routes. We will need to use combo coverages that confuse MN if we are to avoid big plays in the passing game.
GBR

I want to share something that I hope lifts your spirits:

21, 35, 32, 31, 17 (some of these points weren't given up by the defense...but shhhh)

That's how many points this team has given up each game. There is no reason why we cant hang or even beat them.

You're welcome

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back