• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MW was suspended first half

Curious there is so much discussion of the drug charge from months ago. No one seems to know what's going on with him currently. That leads fans to act as though the sky has fallen and MW is the cause. Take a deep breath...what will be, will be.

So, if someone goes to jail for a DUI they are a thug?
I don’t know if he is a thug or not. I suppose it would depend on your definition of the word thug.
thug
/THəɡ/
noun
a violent person, especially a criminal.

I wasn’t the one who called him a thug. I don’t know a whole lot about him but I do know that he was expelled from high school and he is currently out on bail from a felony charge and that he has been suspended twice by Frost for a half game each time.

I don’t know anything about a DUI, not sure where you got that.

You won’t catch me defending him on here but if you want to that’s your business and you are welcome to have at it.

Don't remember for sure...maybe 30 years ago. I've heard now they also charge you with paraphernalia (for the container (baggie, pill bottle, etc.), papers/pipe et al.
Still the same today in NE. If you get popped with just weed, you get cited for possession of marijuana, not paraphernalia. Less than an ounce is a misdemeanor.

Still the same today in NE. If you get popped with just weed, you get cited for possession of marijuana, not paraphernalia. Less than an ounce is a misdemeanor.
So I just spoke to a lawyer friend. From what I understand, cops here can cite you for paraphernalia or weed under an ounce without it being a misdeamonor, even with just a pipe and residue. Said they probably went with paraphernalia because of the situation and person. Basically helping him out all they could while still doing their job. I don't believe MW was given a misdemeanor on it. Just a citation. I think a citation for that also holds a $400 fine.

So I just spoke to a lawyer friend. From what I understand, cops here can cite you for paraphernalia or weed under an ounce without it being a misdeamonor, even with just a pipe and residue. Said they probably went with paraphernalia because of the situation and person. Basically helping him out all they could while still doing their job. I don't believe MW was given a misdemeanor on it. Just a citation. I think a citation for that also holds a $400 fine.
You’re correct, 1st offense possession is a citation, 2nd offense is a misdemeanor. Paraphernalia with residue can bring 2 separate charges.

What in SF's post-game statement (see below), creates this huge concern about MW? Or, has SF said more this week?
============
SF:
"I held him out of the first half because of internal things and rules. You know Mo is such a special player but we need to be able to rely on him all the time and that was my decision to hold him out of the first half"

The statement from SF on Monday.

"Well as far as the first half, that was my decision to hold him out. You know we hold our players to a certain standard and we want them all to live up to that standard. We held him out the first half, how did he respond, we'll see how he responds this week. We want him to come back and prepare well and get ready to play well and if he does this will all be water under the bridge. But we need him to respond just like the rest of the team."

C

Last edited:

This is borderline hysterical. What the heck do you think affects the choices he makes? I’m guessing you aren’t cutting him any slack because you had a similar upbringing to Mo. I grew up middle class with both parents who paid for my college education. That is probably why I don’t understand MW as well as you do. The following link will lead you to something that will read like your biography except Maurice will appear where your name should.

Now I get why he looked so disinterested on the sideline while he was watching the game instead of playing.

The statement from SF on Monday.

"Well as far as the first half, that was my decision to hold him out. You know we hold our players to a certain standard and we want them all to live up to that standard. We held him out the first half, how did he respond, we'll see how he responds this week. We want him to come back and prepare well and get ready to play well and if he does this will all be water under the bridge. But we need him to respond just like the rest of the team."

C
Looks like Frost answered GFOA's question before he even asked it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back