• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Minnesota Will Beat Us.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
and huskers have found a way to win against nobody So the 2 team have that in common
True but Nebraska has played teams with a pulse. In addition to OSU, Northwestern is the #31 defense. So whether folks would like to admit it or not. We have played the tougher schedule to this point. At this point in the season w/l record does not say it all. We will literally be the first team they played with a pulse. Might they still beat us...yes. Do I believe they are the juggernaut you and @RedStormRising do. Hell no. I think we will end up with a better record against the west teams than Minny does at seasons end.

True but Nebraska has played teams with a pulse. In addition to OSU, Northwestern is the #31 defense. So whether folks would like to admit it or not. We have played the tougher schedule to this point. At this point in the season w/l record does not say it all. We will literally be the first team they played with a pulse. Might they still beat us...yes. Do I believe they are the juggernaut you and @RedStormRising do. Hell no. I think we will end up with a better record against the west teams than Minny does at seasons end.
Your drama classes are really paying off. Where did i say they were juggernauts? I didn’t. Any given saturday. What comes to mind is Purdue and OSU last year. I just hope the Huskers are ready. So far this year they haven’t really shown they are

I don't believe Minnesota is a juggernaut. Not even close. I just believe we are a very below average football team right now with a lot of weaknesses.

To me, the key to this game is if Spielman and Washington play, and particularly if they play well. If they do not play, or do not play much due to injury or other issues, the offense will struggle.
Wandale needs to touch the ball about 20 times per game. Best playmaker we have right now.

Also there is less than 1/2 yard difference in yards per play. Yes NU has run more plays but MN is the old ground and pound type off,

Should be a good game and let’s hope the Huskers are ready
Amazing that you live in the state and know so little. Minny has less than 3 yds per rush (2.63) While NE has 4.69 yds per rush. Minnesota this year is doing it through the air. They are 40 in passing and over 100 ranked in rushing.

Wandale needs to touch the ball about 20 times per game. Best playmaker we have right now.
I agree, but he can't do it by himself. It worked against NW, but teams will key on him if they can. That is why I feel we need other offensive threats to be successful.

Why is the weather such a big deal? I seem to remember some pretty awful weather last year against MSU. Game wasn't pretty but we did enjoy the outcome I believe.

Why is the weather such a big deal? I seem to remember some pretty awful weather last year against MSU. Game wasn't pretty but we did enjoy the outcome I believe.
It's a big deal because I froze my ass off at that MSU game.

I don't have confidence in this game at all. I think Minnesota handles us fairly easily, as long as they do 2 things fairly well.

1. Stop our running game between the tackles, especially in the forecasted weather.

2. Throw over the top to their tight ends and receivers and don't try to beat Nebraska on the edges.

#2 may not be successful if the weather is bad. I think bad weather gives Nebraska some hope, but I still think Minnesota wins this game.

I was one that was downplaying the hype surrounding Minnesota at the beginning of the year, but I'm starting to buy in more now and I think they might be the 2nd best team in the West.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and Nebraska finds a way to win, but this game bothers me and Minnesota could very well beat us by 3 scores.
IMO, I don't think we get blown out and I dont think they are the second best team in the west. Iowa and Wisconsin are a cut above the rest right now.

One thing you said that I found peculiar was your comment that Minnesota should not attack our edges. If I'm game planning, and I have the ENORMOUS offensive line Minny has, I'm attacking the edges ALL day long. We don't have a player (maybe with the exception of Nelson) who could even attempt to set the edge against this team.

As for your fears about this game, I do agree, it's a scary one. But it is even scarier to me because of the unknown (i.e., health of JD, AM, where Mo's head at, etc). In the end, the weather will be the great equalizer for us. I can see this being another nailbiter.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back