• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MW was suspended first half

I read an article (can't remember which source) that said he ran off the field after the game with a pissed off look on his face. Don't quote me on this as I scanned the article but I think it said he didn't participate in the dog pile on the kicker after the win.

Sipple commented on his demeanor leaving the field in one of his articles and Frost's comments today raise some concerns about attitude. He's a real talent but there are red flags everywhere.

Mo has a lot of growing up to do. The video on the local news I saw with Mo sitting on the bench with his arms spread eagle on the backrest like he was on a boat ride during the first half shows a lot about his character and what kind of teammate he is.

Mo has a lot of growing up to do. The video on the local news I saw with Mo sitting on the bench with his arms spread eagle on the backrest like he was on a boat ride during the first half shows a lot about his character and what kind of teammate he is.

Yep. All Scott can do is offer him opportunity. It's there, but it's up to Mo to do something with it. Sounded like he was pretty well engaged during fall camp and first few games.

If he has any friends on this team they need to convince him he’s fortunate to be at Nebraska playing for Frost and this staff. He’s dispensable Johnson will take his job in a heartbeat. If he’s not starting or even taking the trip to Minnesota he’s as good as gone.

I already made clear my stance on Mo. Frost has taken a much more forgiving, lenient approach than I would have. And to date, it seems apparent Mo isn't respecting the amazing opportunity and forgiveness he has been given. Not good.

While the depth and experience he provides at the position is valuable, he really looks like the 3rd best back on the team when he does play.

Sadly, he won't be with the team much longer. He has the attitude that Frost won't get rid of him because they need him so bad. Couldn't be more wrong. Frost is a very principled guy and he won't let MW interfere with that, even if it means we lose a couple games because we don't have MW.

I love MW's skill set, but I'm officially done with him. Frost has given him every benefit of the doubt up to this point. MW has not done anything to earn his way back on the field. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play another down for Nebraska and I'm just fine with that. He's proven himself to be a selfish thug.

He needs to take some lessons from Wandale. So far I am really liking the young man and it's more than his performance on field. He is always talking about the team and doesn't make anything about himself. Those are the type of players Nebraska needs. Spielman and A.M. seem to have the same good character as well along with many other players.

I already made clear my stance on Mo. Frost has taken a much more forgiving, lenient approach than I would have. And to date, it seems apparent Mo isn't respecting the amazing opportunity and forgiveness he has been given. Not good.

While the depth and experience he provides at the position is valuable, he really looks like the 3rd best back on the team when he does play.
Exactly! I made my feelings about Mo playing this year before the season started and kept my mouth shut about it since the 2nd half of the 1st game. This
staff, athletic department and university have stood by him through his troubles and this is how he’s reacted. The University of Nebraska, it’s Athletic Department and sports teams are not a reform school. Mo has been given the golden ticket, a chance to play big time football and get a first rate education, and he is spitting on it.

Last edited:

"Frost says onus on Washington to respond: Frost made the decision to suspend sophomore running back Maurice Washington for the first half of Saturday's game against Northwestern, marking the second time Washington's been suspended for half a game this season. "
Head coach Scott Frost said the onus is on the 6-foot-1 sophomore to respond the right way in practice and going forward.
"How did he respond? We'll see how he responds this week," Frost said. "We want him to come back and prepare well and get ready to play well. If he does, this will all be water under the bridge. But we need him to respond just like the rest of the team."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back