• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota Week Press Conference (10/7/19)

Well, I like the "no turnovers" and "win" part! 319 yards and 13 points won't win many games though.

Very few teams will play defense like NW though. Wisconsin found that out too scoring even less offensive points than Nebraska. Not all games are equal as far as points etc go. Sometimes you have to win games like this (ie Michigan State 9-6 last season). Just look at Michigan and Iowa this past weekend 10-3 and only 1 rushing yard for the Hawks.

Very few teams will play defense like NW though. Wisconsin found that out too scoring even less offensive points than Nebraska. Not all games are equal as far as points etc go. Sometimes you have to win games like this (ie Michigan State 9-6 last season). Just look at Michigan and Iowa this past weekend 10-3 and only 1 rushing yard for the Hawks.
Very true. It's just a far cry from the "Oregon / UCF" offense that we all want/hope/expect to see.

Very true. It's just a far cry from the "Oregon / UCF" offense that we all want/hope/expect to see.

It will come but folks need be reminded we are only 18 games into a major rebuild

Not to mention neither Oregon or UCF played in conferences known for their defense or physicality forcing Frost to adapt his offense to that fact

It will come but folks need be reminded we are only 18 games into a major rebuild

Not to mention neither Oregon or UCF played in conferences known for their defense or physicality forcing Frost to adapt his offense to that fact
Very good points, Red. Some people were concerned about how Frost's offense would translate into a conference that is more physical than the previous conferences where this offense was successful. I can see that and understand their consternation at this point. Of course we're still very early into the transformation process, so it will be interesting to see how it transpires, especially as the coaching staff continues to get guys who fit their system like Wan'dale.

Very good points, Red. Some people were concerned about how Frost's offense would translate into a conference that is more physical than the previous conferences where this offense was successful. I can see that and understand their consternation at this point. Of course we're still very early into the transformation process, so it will be interesting to see how it transpires, especially as the coaching staff continues to get guys who fit their system like Wan'dale.

Ohio State has been able to do it with a similar offense with a more physical aspect to the game

I think that is stepping because they are both Q Dawgs. Very good friend who belongs to that Frat (different college) and when he is goofing with his boys it looks a lot like this. Not sure if the other player is an Omega but I know DD is always wearing the hat.
images

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back