• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-Star In-State OT Teddy Prochazka is N

Really nice addition to the class. One thing we really need to depend on is for Duval/Eillis to build up the tall, lean and athletic OT's we've been getting. Benhart needs to add muscle, but he's the closest of the OT's we have gotten to be ready to play in the B10.

The others have high end potential as well, but they need time, bulk and muscle to be the kinds of tackles we want.

Prochazka is a high end potential guy, but he'll take time

Very true, but being boat raced like last night doesn't make it any easier. We had the opportunity to gain ground and we did not do it. Granted, my feeling is that we played the top team in the country last night. We will still have a good class. but my point is that we could have made it a bit easier.

If it were year 4 I would be onboard with you. Its 16 games in and kids see whete we are at and where this is going. Michigan frankly beat us worst last year and combined that with a 4 win season we still brought in a Top 15 class

7 wins this year which is a achievable will show the progression needed

Really nice addition to the class. One thing we really need to depend on is for Duval/Eillis to build up the tall, lean and athletic OT's we've been getting. Benhart needs to add muscle, but he's the closest of the OT's we have gotten to be ready to play in the B10.

The others have high end potential as well, but they need time, bulk and muscle to be the kinds of tackles we want.

Prochazka is a high end potential guy, but he'll take time

All lineman except in rare circumstances take time

We build the trenches and the Huskers will be back in business with SF's coaching. I like where things are heading. Just have to give SF 4-6 years to develop the new guys coming imn. Help is on the way Husker fans.

If it were year 4 I would be onboard with you. Its 16 games in and kids see whete we are at and where this is going. Michigan frankly beat us worst last year and combined that with a 4 win season we still brought in a Top 15 class

7 wins this year which is a achievable will show the progression needed

I can understand and appreciate that position, I can also say that we looked better in many games last year that we ultimately lost. Maybe teams are more prepared for us this year? But it is quite apparent that #2 is not playing at the same level he did last year. We are almost at the same turnover level as ALL of last year. I think we can get our 7 games, much more than that may be a dream unto it's own!

I can understand and appreciate that position, I can also say that we looked better in many games last year that we ultimately lost. Maybe teams are more prepared for us this year? But it is quite apparent that #2 is not playing at the same level he did last year. We are almost at the same turnover level as ALL of last year. I think we can get our 7 games, much more than that may be a dream unto it's own!

That has nothing to do with what is attracting most of these kids to commit. That is a fan reaction with all due respect. These kids see the big picture and where we are going. Groce who will announce on Friday echoed what Teddy P said.

All lineman except in rare circumstances take time

True, but I think the ex-TE type OT's that we've been looking for take longer as they have to put on the weight and mass. We could likely find guys with lower potential who would reach that potential faster, but would never be as good.

So between Benhart, Prochazka, and Corcoran who gets moved inside?
I think they all stay at tackle. Lots can happen until Teddy is ready. Corcoran is your staple at LT. We will see where the chips fall. Long time until then.

I think they all stay at tackle. Lots can happen until Teddy is ready. Corcoran is your staple at LT. We will see where the chips fall. Long time until then.

Agree. OT's that can play at a high level are a high risk development project. They all start there until they show they can't stay at OT, then we figure out what happens.

We are talking 2023, 2024 before they are really effective. until then I think we are seeing games somewhat similar to Saturday night, at least against top-flight competition.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back