• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maybe the OL isn't as bad as some are saying...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
525 yards of total offense and the first 100 yard rusher NIU has allowed in almost two years.
You picked the wrong game to piss and moan after.

I’ll admit I was unhappy during stretches of the NIU game because the yards and points left on the field were staggering. D played well and it was a win and in retrospect, 44-8 really looks pretty good. Not perfect, but good.

That would of been a good thing if you moved. I prefer to stand and high five the people around us when at Husker games. The only people that seemed to be a problem were the fickle blue-hair golf clap crowd. Sad so many golf clappers take up good space.

Interesting, because the Tom Osborne I knew expected effort towards perfection every day, day in and day out, including Sundays. You must have met a different Tom Osborne. It could also be that Saban represents a toxic work environment whereas Tom handled his expectations in a different management style. But don't think for one second he did not demand perfection.

Whiffs matter. Going to their zones on time matters. Moving at a pace that makes the team successful matters. And when the backups come in and show they move at a better rate, something stinks. If the coach focuses too much on the front five with no real rotation, you can be sure the backups are going to hustle if they want that spot vacated in an injury situation. OR the OL coach could be working towards building competency in his group and using PT to do that so when an injury happens it is business as usual minus the guy absent.
I think this is another fib. I do not think you actually knew TO.

I think this is another fib. I do not think you actually knew TO.

It’s absolute truth.

Tim Owens has been his paper boy since ‘01. Demands the paper land perpendicular to the door and be ready for reading no later than 7:05am.

Absolute perfectionist.

True story.

700 yards of total offense.
690 yards against Illinois is not the same as the absolute shellacking display put on against that Michigan D. Nebraska kept Illinois in the game. Wisconsin kept their foot firmly on Michigan's neck from the beginning.

690 yards against Illinois is not the same as the absolute shellacking display put on against that Michigan D. Nebraska kept Illinois in the game. Wisconsin kept their foot firmly on Michigan's neck from the beginning.

I didn't mean Nebraska or their offensive line is better than Wisconsin. I just find it strange that there are still complaints after 700 yards of offense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back