• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Composite 4-Star CB Henry Gray is 'N'

I didn't hijack the thread. I posted positive responses to the commitment and just how great it is Frost is in on these guys. It's very close to home for me.

You are the only one who deviated from that in this thread. I'm sure I'll get a warning or a ban now...:Frown:

No harm done why would you get a ban? Yes I was part of the hijack to

For my part I am done with the conversation.

Fair enough on what you were saying.

Last edited:
We got him out of Miami because we out recruited our competition plain and simple

This staff has constantly been after guys like this. Just look no further than a 5 star talent OL we got out of Kansas as just one example

So not sure why your surprised

This staff can recruit with anyone
No disrespect, but you've been saying every staff since Solich is unreal, amazing, hitting it out of the park in recruiting. Your comments feel no different than your comments on past staffs when it comes to recruiting. So its difficult to access.

With that said, Im one that was very concerned about the number of 8 and 10 but this get shows that we can bring big time guys in and wow them with game day visits. it give some credence to the arguement that the staff wanted it this way. That is very good news and exciting news for some of the other guys that were at NIU game and that will be at OSU game

No disrespect, but you've been saying every staff since Solich is unreal, amazing, hitting it out of the park in recruiting. Your comments feel no different than your comments on past staffs when it comes to recruiting. So its difficult to access.

With that said, Im one that was very concerned about the number of 8 and 10 but this get shows that we can bring big time guys in and wow them with game day visits. it give some credence to the arguement that the staff wanted it this way. That is very good news and exciting news for some of the other guys that were at NIU game and that will be at OSU game

We will agree to disagree. No offense taken or given

Not to distract. However, Riley staff was good at getting top recruits. They were terrible at development. Also many left with him. So many of the top guys who came in with Riley are no longer here. That does not make them bad recruits it just means they did not do us much good.

For the record true recruiting experts are amazed at the level of recruit we are getting in. We are literally stealing guys from top 5-10 teams. Mo Washington, Wandale, Benhart and others all had long impressive offer lists. I just read today that one recruiting service sees us getting up to 15 by the end of the year. The fact that This 4 star kid may not even make our top 5 this year shows the strength of the class. Our RB recruit in Game 3 of his senior year broke a record that has stood for like 30 years. :ast years class had 8- 4 stars that is more than any class in the MR or BP era. This year with only 11 guys we already have 3 and probably 2-3 more are going to get a 4th star before the year ends. That is as many as the best classes Bo had and we are only half way full.

Not to distract. However, Riley staff was good at getting top recruits. They were terrible at development. Also many left with him. So many of the top guys who came in with Riley are no longer here. That does not make them bad recruits it just means they did not do us much good.

For the record true recruiting experts are amazed at the level of recruit we are getting in. We are literally stealing guys from top 5-10 teams. Mo Washington, Wandale, Benhart and others all had long impressive offer lists. I just read today that one recruiting service sees us getting up to 15 by the end of the year. The fact that This 4 star kid may not even make our top 5 this year shows the strength of the class. Our RB recruit in Game 3 of his senior year broke a record that has stood for like 30 years. :ast years class had 8- 4 stars that is more than any class in the MR or BP era. This year with only 11 guys we already have 3 and probably 2-3 more are going to get a 4th star before the year ends. That is as many as the best classes Bo had and we are only half way full.
Riley was a good salesman, could get them in and not develop as you said. bo could recriut ok, sub par....... but he had a good eye for talent and could get under the radar guys.
I like what these guys are doing, right now it appears to be more quality than quantity.
If they finish strong in this class to go with the last class, I will feel we are in good shape as recruiters. Im a little concerned about out lack of outside LB recruits these last few years, but no team recruits perfectly

Last edited:
Riley was a good salesman, could get them in and not develop as you said. bo could recriut ok, sub par....... but he had a good eye for talent and could get under the radar guys.
I like what these guys are doing, right now it appears to be more quality than quantity.
If they finish strong in this class to go with the last class, I will feel we are in good shape as recruiters. Im a little concerned about out lack of outside LB recruits these last few years, but no team recruits perfectly
Gray is big enough to be like JoJo is now. Put him at "OLB" and never leave the field. Sometimes he is a LB, Sometimes a nickel. Not saying that is their thought. Just saying a possibility. I am with you though in that we need more LBs.

It’s not just the guys you get but where you get them. Frost is getting guys that UCF wants. (along with everyone else). And there’s no comparison of recent success.

Establishing connections, or maintaining them, in Orlando, Miami and other parts of Florida is super important. I’m sure when Lynum visited and Scott visited they got to talk to Braxton. They played each other locally. Those things can develop and really pay off.

I think about when our defense changed in early 90s. We converted safeties into linebackers and corners into safeties. You have to be confident that dline can control the running game and maybe that's some of the thinking here!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back