• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let’s talk Illinois…

As we enter conference play this should be a decent test of where our run defense is right now. I believe it's important we are able hold them under a 100 yds rushing tomorrow. Offense is coming together and we should score north of 40 points imo. IL is really an excellent opening opponent for our first conference game for the team to grow in confidence and get the offense completely on track.........

Hoping for a big win but I'll be nervous until we have a very substantial lead......

Last edited:

I get it! The fourth quarter was so nice last week to just sit back, open a beer, relax and watch some of the new kids do their thing. I am happy to just have 2-3 quarters of excitement followed by the rest being a relaxing glow from a Husker win...
Yep, it's been years of close games and many letdowns. It was great to watch that game after a sigh of relief. Only recent game I can think of that was similar was Bethune Cookman, and that wasn't as fun knowing how bad of an FCS team they were.

Not sure I really like these late games.... Waiting all day is like water boarding.... :Lol:

Not sure where to put this so here:

I'm hoping that Bobby Roundtree makes a good recovery from his swimming injury this Spring. Sounds like he could return as a student within a year.

Not sure I really like these late games.... Waiting all day is like water boarding.... :Lol:
I used to feel that way too, but now I've noticed that I enjoy the slow build up during the day and am super hyped by kickoff time. I just have to stay busy with projects to avoid getting restless.

Great write up as always, but this was my favorite part. There's nothing like keeping points off the board. Nothing.
Those types of situations are really satisfying but when the D is successful, it can be contagious and players start to hold each other accountable.
You gotta love "hint of a noodle arm"
I should have prefaced my write-up in that Peters can be really good but his effectiveness (or lack thereof) will hinge upon the Nebraska D getting in his grill early and often.
This is one of those games where I think they air it out.
I'm actually with you on this one. Although I believe Nebraska can run on these guys, I believe Nebraska can throw all over them and might be a way to set up the run.
I don’t think Illinois scores that much. I think they get 17 at the most.
I agree with you on this but Illinois has some weapons. Don't give them the chance.
I believe it's important we are able hold them under a 100 yds rushing tomorrow.
I don't necessarily care for a "benchmark" as it relates to the 100-yard rushing total. I think it's more important to disrupt their running game to the point they go away from it and become completely discombobulated. If they rush for 75 yards in the 4th quarter and end up with 190 yards but lose by 30 points, I won't care (too much).
I'm hoping that Bobby Roundtree makes a good recovery from his swimming injury this Spring. Sounds like he could return as a student within a year.
Damn shame what happened to this kid. Sounds like a good kid.

I don't necessarily care for a "benchmark" as it relates to the 100-yard rushing total. I think it's more important to disrupt their running game to the point they go away from it and become completely discombobulated. If they rush for 75 yards in the 4th quarter and end up with 190 yards but lose by 30 points, I won't care (too much).
Don't disagree if the scenario is as you say..... Garbage yards and points when game is really over means almost nothing. It's sort of like bayoneting the wounded after the battle is over...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back