• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota....

The Gophers schedule certainly wasn't easier than Nebraska's -- yet Minnesota is 3-0 and Nebraska isn't.
Really? So 1-AA South Dakota State equals or is stronger than 1-A Southern Alabama? So Mountain West Fresno equals or is stronger than PAC 12 Colorado? Maybe Sun Belt Georgia Southern equals MAC Northern Illinois. Though I rarely if ever, have disagreed with you, IMO, our non-conference schedule was way harder. They are 3-0 cause their non-conference schedule was a good degree easier, IMO!!

Really? So 1-AA South Dakota State equals or is stronger than 1-A Southern Alabama? So Mountain West Fresno equals or is stronger than PAC 12 Colorado? Maybe Sun Belt Georgia Southern equals MAC Northern Illinois. Though I rarely if ever, have disagreed with you, IMO, our non-conference schedule was way harder. They are 3-0 cause their non-conference schedule was a good degree easier, IMO!!

South Dakota State is absolutely better than South Alabama. I'll always take the top 5 FCS teams over bottom feeders from FBS. And yes, South Alabama is a bottom-feeder. Memphis beat them 42-6 last weekend. That's what good teams are supposed to do to South Alabama. Just like last season when Okie State beat 'em 55-13 and Appy State beat 'em 52-7. There is no team on either Minnesota's or Nebraska's schedule worse than South Alabama.

For now, we can call Fresno - Colorado a tossup. Fresno has only played one other game -- a loss by 8 points at ranked USC. Fresno won 11 games and finished ranked in the top 25 last season. Fresno also hadn't lost a home game in two years until Minnesota beat them. Colorado hasn't done crap for 15 years. 107th in the FBS in winning percentage over that time. They are going to have to do much more to prove they are suddenly good -- or definitely better than Fresno. Losing to Air Force doesn't necessarily kill them -- but it doesn't help their cause either. Again, Minnesota beat Fresno, Nebraska lost to Colorado. At this point, no one can clearly say either Fresno nor Colorado is better -- but again, Minnesota won that game, Nebraska lost theirs. I'm not sure if you argument is just because the Pac-12 is generally a better overall conference than the MWC, thus CU is better than Fresno. That's not a good argument, as the best MWC teams are very commonly better than the worst teams from any P5 conference. Just because Colorado is Pac-12 doesn't make them good.

Yes, I will agree that Northern Illinois is very likely better than Georgia Southern. They other two I will not agree with. There is zero evidence our schedule has been "way harder," which seems to be your argument. At best, you can argue it's a tossup -- with neither schedule being good. They were both somewhere between average and poor. And we are 2-1 with anything but a difficult non-conference schedule. That's a reality. Now, that doesn't mean Nebraska can't play much better and win much more going forward -- but I'm only analyzing what has happened to this point.

Last edited:
Minnesota plays hard they’re playing with confidence and it’s going to be a tough night in their backyard. He’s a good coach and a motivator you can’t argue with his record at Western Michigan or at Minnesota.

South Dakota State is absolutely better than South Alabama. I'll always take the top 5 FCS teams over bottom feeders from FBS. And yes, South Alabama is a bottom-feeder. Memphis beat them 42-6 last weekend. That's what good teams are supposed to do to South Alabama. Just like last season when Okie State beat 'em 55-13 and Appy State beat 'em 52-7. There is no team on either Minnesota's or Nebraska's schedule worse than South Alabama.

I'd like to add, SDSU defeated North Dakota State 2 times in the past 3 years (I think only one of 2 teams to beat NDSU in span). And we know NDSU has beaten more than one '1-A' school in that run. Minnesota has lost to them like 3 times in recent history. NDSU has beaten Kansas State, Iowa State, Kansas and Iowa as well. These upper midwest P5 teams GOT to learn to never schedule these top 5 FCS Missouri Valley teams. Those kids are from the upper midwest and were scorned by these P5 schools and when they get a chance to go play them at their own stadiums... that's their Super Bowl and they will absolutely pull out all the stops to get the 'W'.

More than any other team on Minnesota's schedule the first half of the year, SDSU was my biggest concern because I've seen these FCS schools from up here in the Missouri Valley Conference give P5 teams the business.

I'd like to add, SDSU defeated North Dakota State 2 times in the past 3 years (I think only one of 2 teams to beat NDSU in span). And we know NDSU has beaten more than one '1-A' school in that run. Minnesota has lost to them like 3 times in recent history. NDSU has beaten Kansas State, Iowa State, Kansas and Iowa as well. These upper midwest P5 teams GOT to learn to never schedule these top 5 FCS Missouri Valley teams. Those kids are from the upper midwest and were scorned by these P5 schools and when they get a chance to go play them at their own stadiums... that's their Super Bowl and they will absolutely pull out all the stops to get the 'W'.

More than any other team on Minnesota's schedule the first half of the year, SDSU was my biggest concern because I've seen these FCS schools from up here in the Missouri Valley Conference give P5 teams the business.
Agree 100% especially about the motivation factor of guys in the MVC against these P5 teams in their region. I watched the NDSU-Iowa game with some Iowa fans and they kept underestimating who they were playing. Of course after the game they were dead silent. I held back on any "I told you so's" but definitely thought it internally.

If NU had scheduled SDSU instead of So. Alabama and played like they did, it is quite possible NU would be 1-2 right now.

Last edited:
Agree 100% especially about the motivation factor of guys in the MVC against these P5 teams in their region. I watched the NDSU-Iowa game with some Iowa fans and they kept underestimating who they were playing. Of course after the game they were dead silent. I held back on any "I told you so's" but definitely thought it internally.

If NU had scheduled SDSU instead of So. Alabama and played like they did, it is quite possible NU would be 1-2 right now.
If my aunt had testicles shed be my uncle.

I am having a hard time believing that we have people telling us we should not only tremble in fear of Minnesota, but now FCS South Dakota State as well?

I am having a hard time believing that we have people telling us we should not only tremble in fear of Minnesota, but now FCS South Dakota State as well?
Back to back 4-8 seasons will do that to you. We really have no reason to puff out our chest or underestimate anyone.

Back to back 4-8 seasons will do that to you. We really have no reason to puff out our chest or underestimate anyone.
There is a significant difference between puffing out ones chest/overlooking anyone and fearing an FCS team. This team has no reason to fear ANY FCS team at this time.

There is a significant difference between puffing out ones chest/overlooking anyone and fearing an FCS team. This team has no reason to fear ANY FCS team at this time.
Though not FCS I believe a better Nebraska team last year lost to Troy. We have no reason to puff our chest at anyone including Minnesota. As a previous poster said I’m not sure we best SDS if we play them game one this year. Respecting your opponent is different than fair in them.

Though not FCS I believe a better Nebraska team last year lost to Troy. We have no reason to puff our chest at anyone including Minnesota. As a previous poster said I’m not sure we best SDS if we play them game one this year. Respecting your opponent is different than fair in them.
If you will scroll through this thread you will find a lot of fear. When one says we are lucky we didn’t play SDSU, that’s not respect. That’s fear.

And this team at this point is light years better than the one that lost to FBS Troy last season.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back