• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jack is Still Going Strong

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

Thank you bud. That's not what I was going for, but I agree. News like this transcends all sports and message boards. I'm just a messenger.
I truly understand. For me, and I think others, I had no idea he was doing this well and it is a truly great human interest story and shows the power of kindness and caring. It gives me hope for our world, that we will someday finally figure it out, and will move forward into a bright future, instead of the doomsday we fear is on the horizon. Thank you Sir for starting this thread. It brought me good feelings and a bit of joy knowing that Jack is doing well. Cheers Brother. :Cheers:

I truly understand. For me, and I think others, I had no idea he was doing this well and it is a truly great human interest story and shows the power of kindness and caring. It gives me hope for our world, that we will someday finally figure it out, and will move forward into a bright future, instead of the doomsday we fear is on the horizon. Thank you Sir for starting this thread. It brought me good feelings and a bit of joy knowing that Jack is doing well. Cheers Brother. :Cheers:
God bless brother! Cheers.

After reading the article on Jack it was a little disconcernting to read this......

Jack relapsed in 2014 and participated in a clinical trial. His tumor showed signs of worsening in 2018, and now Jack is undergoing treatment similar to that of the clinical trial.
Because of the brain tumor, Jack also has epilepsy and is prone to seizures, his dad said. He takes 23 pills a day, some to manage epilepsy and others for cancer treatment.

So Jack still fights for his life even as he struggles to maintain a normal life and do things healthy kids take for granted. GD disease is truly a curse on mankind and especially terrible for young people with what should be their entire lives ahead of them!

Jacks fight continues on and everyone should say a silent prayer for him as we all offer our support for him and his family. I'd love to see him lead the Huskers onto the field for a home game... perhaps Rex could be with him? That would be so cool for every Husker fan...

God speed Jack........

So Jack still fights for his life even as he struggles to maintain a normal life and do things healthy kids take for granted. GD disease is truly a curse on mankind and especially terrible for young people with what should be their entire lives ahead of them!

Jacks fight continues on and everyone should say a silent prayer for him as we all offer our support for him and his family.

Keep up the fight Jack and we'll keep up the prayers. :nod:

I'd love to see him lead the Huskers onto the field for a home game... perhaps Rex could be with him? That would be so cool for every Husker fan...

That would be fantastic...for Jack, his family, Rex & all of HUSKER Nation. :Rockon:

Keep up the fight Jack and we'll keep up the prayers. :nod:

That would be fantastic...for Jack, his family, Rex & all of HUSKER Nation. :Rockon:
I think at a certain point it is good for the press to move away from the kid and just let him be a kid.

Maybe. It would be up to him and his family to decide. :Smile:
I believe his family wants to have as much public awareness regarding childhood cancers as practical. This helps fund research so perhaps someday (hopefully) medical science can eradicate this dreaded childhood disease. Jack also has a nationwide following with many people that are truly interested in how Jack is doing with his fight.....

If the offer was privately made from DONU and Frost the family is certainly free to decline it.....

Last edited:

I believe his family wants to have as much public awareness regarding childhood cancers as practical. This helps fund research so perhaps someday (hopefully) medical science can eradicate this dreaded childhood disease. Jack also has a nationwide following with many people that are truly interested in how Jack is doing with his fight.....

If the offer was privately made from DONU and Frost the family is certainly free to decline it.....

You don't have to convince me. I'm all for it. :Biggrin:

You don't have to convince me. I'm all for it. :Biggrin:
Driving home from work tonight I'm listening to Fox Headline News on the radio......during the trending segment, low and behold, they have a story on Jack"s first football game. Did a nice job giving a brief history and, from what I gathered, they had talked to Jack's Dad. What I did not know and learned from the segment was the Junior High School Jack is going to is in Northwest Omaha.

On a more important note, as many have posted in this thread, this is beyond heartwarming. I agree it would be awesome to see Jack and Rex lead the team onto the field one day. I will continue to keep Jack, his family, and all suffering from this infliction in my prayers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back