• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jahkeem Green

Stewdogg

Recruit
2 Year Member
I've been searching this forum for any answers on why Green hasn't played yet. I haven't found a dedicated thread, so here it is.

I know there were VERY strong feelings on him not redshirting this year -- has that changed? I would have thought he would have seen some minutes last week if they wanted to slowly get him acclimated. Is our current rotation so good he can't crack it? Curious if anyone has any insight.

The oline starts 3 srs

He has 3cyrs to play 2. He can play 1 yr sparingly and start 1 yr...or he can start 2 full yrs.
No brainers to RS
Except the "common wisdom" before he got here was that he was so good he would turn pro after two years or maybe even one year....that he wasn't going to stick around in college for three more years so we might as well play him while we could.

Except the "common wisdom" before he got here was that he was so good he would turn pro after two years or maybe even one year....that he wasn't going to stick around in college for three more years so we might as well play him while we could.
Yeah
Like breon dixon and jaron woodyard
Fans never understand hype vs reality, no matter how often it happens

My humble opinion is
1. he wasn't in football shape when he arrived
2. don't want to waste him in games we are going to win once he is in shape, preserving the option to redshirt him
3. If he is view as part of the two deep roster, he will play commencing with the Ohio State game.

So many variables when it comes to recruiting. Can the kid lay off the weed, can the kid not crack a beer bottle over a teammates head, can he come to camp in shape, how will he handle college life.

The plan was "you are not redshirting", it's basically a main reason we got him here. But he shows up late to camp and out of shape, and he's not beating out Davis x 2, Stille, or Thomas and we didn't play more than those guys the first two games anyway.
We will be lucky to have him here for 2 years so we need to play him as soon as he's ready.

So many variables when it comes to recruiting. Can the kid lay off the weed, can the kid not crack a beer bottle over a teammates head, can he come to camp in shape, how will he handle college life.

The plan was "you are not redshirting", it's basically a main reason we got him here. But he shows up late to camp and out of shape, and he's not beating out Davis x 2, Stille, or Thomas and we didn't play more than those guys the first two games anyway.
We will be lucky to have him here for 2 years so we need to play him as soon as he's ready.

Let him get into shape and use him in the last 4 games of the season. That is a stretch where a fresh body with that much talent will be useful and he preserves the year

Let him get into shape and use him in the last 4 games of the season. That is a stretch where a fresh body with that much talent will be useful and he preserves the year
Seems to me that rotating him with current linemen would provide fresh legs now and throughout the season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back