• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota....

dparks

Varsity
20 Year Member
Beating inferior teams in the last minute every week. Good thing they schedule 1-aa and weak 1-a teams.

winning close games, regardless of the opponent, is a good thing. It may take a while to get the team playing well. In the meantime they are not absorbing losses. as RR says, "3-0 is 3-0".

Beating inferior teams in the last minute every week. Good thing they schedule 1-aa and weak 1-a teams.

I get the knock on SDSU and Georgia Southern, and despite my feeling towards the regional FCS teams that MN has scheduled/played being a bit misunderstood outside of those who follow those teams, Fresno State has, in the past 10 years, most definitely been a better program than MN. They've been ranked 3 times in that period, and the Gophers had only one year in which they received enough votes to be ranked in the top25. Fresno State is 64-56 in that time period. MN is 58-59.

And if you want to go more recent, or under the current regimes, Tedford has an obscene record at FS with a 22-8 and PJ having a mediocre 15-13 record (ironically they both happen to been hired at their current posts the same offseason).

Considering all that; maybe for the mighty FBS playoff-bound Nebraska Cornhuskers, Fresno State is a 'weak 1-a' team. But not for the Gophers.

That was a quality, quality win last year, and I believe it will be a quality win for us this year as well when it is all said and done.

Last edited:
Also, as some of you may know, I'm a season ticket holder for the Gophs so was obviously at that game. This is what my heartrate was that day. Note: kickoff was 2:30. Also note the spike coincidentally during the time the game was going on.

Attachments

• gopher-georgia southern heartrate.jpg
    gopher-georgia southern heartrate.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 81
Georgia Southern did get blown out by LSU this season but went 10-3 last year. They will present some challenges to most teams out there.

I get the knock on SDSU and Georgia Southern, and despite my feeling towards the regional FCS teams that MN has scheduled/played being a bit misunderstood outside of those who follow those teams, Fresno State has, in the past 10 years, most definitely been a better program than MN. They've been ranked 3 times in that period, and the Gophers had only one year in which they received enough votes to be ranked in the top25. Fresno State is 64-56 in that time period. MN is 58-59.

And if you want to go more recent, or under the current regimes, Tedford has an obscene record at FS with a 22-8 and PJ having a mediocre 15-13 record (ironically they both happen to been hired at their current posts the same offseason).

Considering all that; maybe for the mighty FBS playoff-bound Nebraska Cornhuskers, Fresno State is a 'weak 1-a' team. But not for the Gophers.

That was a quality, quality win last year, and I believe it will be a quality win for us this year as well when it is all said and done.
We’ll see what happens when they play teams that are slightly better than the 3 they have played, though their BIG schedule isn’t too bad.

Every year since Jerry Kill I’ve been told Minnesota will be good. Every year they have one of the worst quarterbacks in the BIG. That hasn’t changed and I’m just not a believer in PJ. I still think they finish slightly better than Illinois.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back