• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers add 6'6" guard Shamiel Stevenson from Nevada!

But Greg Bell, who was a starter who quit on his team after a few games, gets eligible immediately at San Diego State.

But Greg Bell, who was a starter who quit on his team after a few games, gets eligible immediately at San Diego State.

View attachment 25499

Come on now, you know that's not a fair comparison. Greg Bell, on hindsight, declared that he actually quit on his team to be closer to a sick family member. :rolleyes:

He told ESPN at the time that he “earned the starting job and feel I have continued to work the same way but feel I am not being used to my fullest potential.”

Bell says now that he was distracted by health issues with a family member.

Shamiel Stevenson (6' 6" transfer from Nevada) Waiver Update:

A waiver request should be sent in to the NCAA sometime this week, after which it should take roughly two weeks for the NCAA to decide.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, Stevenson will be eligible to play beginning the second semester this season regardless of what happens with the waiver. If a waiver is approved he would be eligible to play the full season. It would be nice to have him for the full season.

We can surely use his big body & rebounding early in the season (in any event he is eligible to play beginning in Jamuary)

OWH

LJS

Last edited:

Shamiel Stevenson (6' 6" transfer from Nevada) Waiver Update:

A waiver request should be sent in to the NCAA sometime this week, after which it should take roughly two weeks for the NCAA to decide.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, Stevenson will be eligible to play beginning the second semester this season regardless of what happens with the waiver. If a waiver is approved he would be eligible to play the full season. It would be nice to have him for the full season.
We can surely use his big body & rebounding early in the season (in any event he is eligible to play beginning in Jamuary)

OOPS! (JaMuary is Right! :Redface:)

What I think it boils down to is Stevenson could play the 2nd semester (or maybe even have played at the beginning of This Season); But it would use up a year of his eligibility; That is, we'd have him for only Two Years in any event (as I understand it, the waiver would only allow him to play this season (i.e. waive the sit-out rule for transfers).

Stevenson does have a red-shirt available; I think we likely see him use it and become available for the full two years beginning next season. (He is probably more valuable in years 2 & 3, rather than just the remainder of this season which is more or less a throw-away season as far as Hoiberg is concerned.)

Last edited:
OOPS! (JaMuary is Right! :Redface:)

What I think it boils down to is Stevenson could play the 2nd semester (or maybe even have played at the beginning of This Season); But it would use up a year of his eligibility; That is, we'd have him for only Two Years in any event (as I understand it, the waiver would only allow him to play this season (i.e. waive the sit-out rule for transfers).

Stevenson does have a red-shirt available; I think we likely see him use it and become available for the full two years beginning next season. (He is probably more valuable in years 2 & 3, rather than just the remainder of this season which is more or less a throw-away season as far as Hoiberg is concerned.)

The Journal Star article makes it sound like he'll play if the waiver comes through. It's not hard to see the need for a bigger body and the team has taken significant steps forward each time out so far, but I tend to agree this year is an uphill climb so having him sit this year would make more sense to me.

denied. Doesn’t make sense to me, but it’s the NCAA...

He left due to coaching changes and fits the situation the NCAA says they want to address but Justin Fields gets immediate eligibility just because. The NCAA is screwed up. Oh well. It's probably better to have him for the next two years rather than one. This kind of non-sense is why Izzo stepped down from the National Association of Basketball Coaches Board.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back