• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some Things I Don't Understand

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
I agree that it is healthy. Honesty usually is. Clarity. Try it some time. You might find it refreshing. Or you could just say you offer perspective, then say you don't. Which is weird.

Fine, you like honesty, you feel it’s refreshing?

You’re going to die. It might be from old age, when your feeble body is failing in every way imaginable, or it could be from a disease that slow saps the life out of you, or it could be sudden and violent, from an accident or crime, but you will be dying.

See that’s not fun. It’s a bad topic, it can bring you down, it can weigh on you emotionally, it’s built around a negative. Drilling down on all of the worst parts of something isn’t refreshing, even if it’s honest, it’s generally something we do as briefly as possible as to learn from it, but we don’t want it to consume us.

If you feel honesty is absolutely necessary, try to keep it brief. Don’t make it your mantra.

Last edited:

Fine, you like honesty, you feel it’s refreshing?

You’re going to die. It might be from old age, when your feeble body is failing in every way imaginable, or it could be from a disease that slow saps the life out of you, or it could be sudden and violent, from an accident or crime, but you will be dying.

See that’s not fun. It’s a bad topic, it can bring you down, it can weigh on you emotionally, it’s built around a negative. Drilling down on all of the worst parts of something isn’t refreshing, it’s generally something we do as briefly as possible as to learn from it, but we don’t want it to consume us.

If you feel honesty is absolutely necessary, try to keep it brief. Don’t make it your mantra.
I'll try to keep it brief.

Just to be clear on your request. You are saying that Nebraska football is like dying a slow or a sudden and violent death, and we shouldn't talk about it. Unless it's to be dishonest on a more prevalent basis than honesty, which you've asked to be brought up in extreme brevity.

And as a physician, well, I don't shy away from your analogy. Even though death and dying aren't really part of football.

I'll try to keep it brief.

Just to be clear on your request. You are saying that Nebraska football is like dying a slow or a sudden and violent death, and we shouldn't talk about it. Unless it's to be dishonest on a more prevalent basis than honesty, which you've asked to be brought up in extreme brevity.

And as a physician, well, I don't shy away from your analogy. Even though death and dying aren't really part of football.

Well, my apologies Dr. Jellyfinger, if that’s what you got from my post, then I’ll make it simpler: continually beating everyone over the head with negatives, saying ‘well it’s the truth’, is not, as you said, ‘refreshing’. If that’s how you see refreshing, I’ll pass on the bedside manner.

Your lack of recognizing my point has me a little concerned, as I think even trentwalz grasped that one.

Well, my apologies Dr. Jellyfinger, if that’s what you got from my post, then I’ll make it simpler: continually beating everyone over the head with negatives, saying ‘well it’s the truth’, is not, as you said, ‘refreshing’. If that’s how you see refreshing, I’ll pass on the bedside manner.

Your lack of recognizing my point has me a little concerned, as I think even trentwalz grasped that one.
We all have varying degrees of opinions. And moods. And preferences. Maybe don't be so condescending; or I think derogatory is more appropriate; or both. It's been hard to see the forest through the trees with this team.

And who's this trentwalz. Or do I even want to know.

Last edited:

That's the best I could do:

I'm not mad at a game, or the team, or the coach. I'm mad at myself for buying into the kool aid, when there was nothing there to buy into. Throughout the summer, I couldn't figure out what others were seeing that I wasn't seeing. As we got closer to the start of the season, I allowed myself to get sucked in.

We've been a lower level/bottom half team in the Big 10 the past two years, and we'll be the same for the foreseeable future. There. Now I'm no longer mad at myself.

:shrug:

I want to let his season play out before I decide to get mad at myself or not. I've bought in as well, but everything the team wants to accomplish is still there, so I'll let it ride. CU loss was bad, that's for sure, but let's see where this goes.

Upper Level Teams
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Iowa
Michigan State
Michigan
Maryland

Lower Level Teams
Purdue
Nebraska
Northwestern
Minnesota
Illinois
Indiana
Rutgers
Now that I look back at what I wrote, GnT may have taken lower level as near the bottom and I was thinking like you. I should have said lower half. I too think all of the teams in your upper level are playing better than us. Where we fit in the lower half is up for debate

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back