• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northern Illinois Practice (9/11/19) Offensive Coaches & Players

bingo. spin it anyway you like. coach hits nail on head

No spin involved. When my wife recognizes the problem, any coach should be able to see what is going on. I am sick os seeing the o-line do the teddy bear dance while the opposing defense runs past them to stop the run.

No spin involved. When my wife recognizes the problem, any coach should be able to see what is going on. I am sick os seeing the o-line do the teddy bear dance while the opposing defense runs past them to stop the run.
my 92y/o mother in law who cant see out one eye agrees. so glad this coaching staff recognizes the elephant and appear to be committed to fixing them as best they can

Sometimes it takes a boot in the arse to make things happen. If the players arn't getting point, try someone else until they get the job done.

Man we've been saying this same thing for a lot of years. Our track record of O line development continues to be abysmal, although it is early in the season with young guys....I suppose...

Man we've been saying this same thing for a lot of years. Our track record of O line development continues to be abysmal, although it is early in the season with young guys....I suppose...
Yes, this is, in my opinion, the main reason NU has been at the bottom of the heap for the last 20 years.

Yes, this is, in my opinion, the main reason NU has been at the bottom of the heap for the last 20 years.
OL development has been disappointing for quite a while. Last year there was the excuse of lack of S&C, but now they have had two full years of it, and certainly aren't undersized anymore. Just hope they can stay healthy and start to gel together.

OL development has been disappointing for quite a while. Last year there was the excuse of lack of S&C, but now they have had two full years of it, and certainly aren't undersized anymore. Just hope they can stay healthy and start to gel together.
I often go back and watch the Huskers in the 1990 era. I am blown away at the dominance of the line play. They were incredible.

I often go back and watch the Huskers in the 1990 era. I am blown away at the dominance of the line play. They were incredible.

They were, and we've been spoiled. Not many teams have made offensive linemen the priority that it was at Nebraska in those years. Wisconsin has decent tradition of creating o-linemen, but not always other positions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back