• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pickering

How about an example of what you were talking about?
the one time we went for it on 4th down. (It worked but that is irrelevant to the overall point) Even the announcers said they thought it was a result of not having a reliable kicker. It will continue to be a problem if we do not get a reliable kicker.

Since Frost doesn't discuss injuries guess we won't find out until he's back playing...

We have blessed and maybe spoiled with some awesome kickers and punters. Changes the whole game because you lose field position in addition to lost scoring opportunities.

Saw this kid kick live last year as a sophomore, big leg, good accuracy, just had a 50+ FG this Saturday. Liam Gray, Jr. Holy Family, Broomfield, Colorado - the Huskers need to be on him.

Early last week we were counting on him playing against Colorado. Could have had a setback I suppose. Need to get him, Warner, Williams back from injury.

We've had a lot of breakdowns in general, but if we fill in those holes by them coming back it will make a good sized difference for us.

Yup. I always called that Wisc. kicker "Tubby".

badgers-football-back-rafael-gaglianone_fullsize_story1.jpg

agree completely... in OT your job is to look for plays that gets a new sets of downs on each play... this is not the pick up a few yards to get manageable down and distance... this was a chance to end the game and we never looked at JD or Stoll over the middle.

Tom Osborne needs to barge into Frost's office and tell him "Son get it together! We dont play to lose at Nebraska You remember Missouri 1997. I Called that game to win". He will destroy his players trust if he does not do a course correction. I dont mind losing but at least go out swinging.

I didn't bother to read the entire thread. Does anyone know what the exact situation is with Pickering and when we can expect him back?

I can tell you that a local kid has been given a tryout by the coaching staff, but has not been added to the team as of yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saw this kid kick live last year as a sophomore, big leg, good accuracy, just had a 50+ FG this Saturday. Liam Gray, Jr. Holy Family, Broomfield, Colorado - the Huskers need to be on him.

But can this kid suit up Saturday?

I just read the team grabbed someone off the soccer team for this...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back